The time has come!

NYHarleyFisher

Contributing Member
City
Zephyrhills
Well I finally decided that it was time to end it.:eek: Dropped my paperwork yesterday and have only 65 days before I join the ranks of the retired community.:D
I'll be from the end of October till May in Zephyrhills, Fl. and the summers here in NY.:p
Guess its time now to really start looking to trade the old boat in for the new one, but which one will it be?;) Going to have to start looking for either marina's to keep the boat in while in Fl. or a Tampa Bay ramp close to my location to launch from. Anyone got any ideas?:confused:

Congrats on your coming retirement. Kind of a loaded question on what kind of boat to get. What do you have now, and do you want to get something bigger?

Wow!! Enjoy your retirement, and good luck finding your new boat!!

If you are not hooked into surburban Tampa, check out Citrus County and the Nature Coast. We have miles and miles, and miles of wonderful salt water flats, seven fresh water Manatee rivers, and large lakes.

The area is still rural with lots of open space with out the high costs associated with Tampa. Bob

Thanks to all! I'm currently fishing the Finger Lakes with a nice Tracker that I've had for years. However, its time to trade that in and get something that will serve my purpose for both fresh and salt water.

I've been seriously looking at either the 190 bay or the 215 (210) for a couple of years now. Looks like a decision will have to be made soon. I need a little help from you Fl. fisherman, I like to go for grouper but I also really like the inshore fishing for redfish and the likes. Not really sure if the 215 can draft shallow enough, but how far can the bay go offshore?

Bob, even though I own a place in Pasco Co. its nothing to drive up to Homosassa for a day of fishing. As a matter of fact I hope to start coming down during Scallop season to do that!

We have the 210. It does get into some shallow water, but not at shallow as the 190. I originally wanted the 190 but the Admiral wanted a place for a porta pottie. I was outranked.

We love our 210, and the Admiral is happy, end of story. Guess you have to look at what both boats offer and make your choice.

Congrats on your retirement!

Remember, with a Triumph Boat, if you "bump" into something on the bottom it will less likely you will damage the hull as far as the draft goes.
I don't know how many people you are planning to take on your boat at a time, but that may be a consideration on your boat choice. Mine will take six but that is a crowd.
Good luck with your choice!

Back