Tilt and Trimm issue

special K

Participating Member
City
Beverly Hills
I have been on vacation all week, and have taken the boat out every day. Yesterday when I got back to the ramp my trim would not work. There is a click in the motor when I press the switch but no response(on the motor and throttle). Before I take it in to have it repaired, I was wondering if anybody had any ideas
Thanx everyone
Brian

Sounds as if it is electrical. You indicated you heard a click and then nothing? If so I would check the fuse(s) and the wire connections. If you can hear the pump running, then it is a hydraulic issue, so you might need to look at your fluid levels.

I would say that is some sound advice from PileDriver. It is possible also that is something in the switch itself. I had a similar problem in one of my older boats, where it made a click, but nothing happened. Either way good luck and let us know what it was.

So what was it we broke!? We had a great time. Talk to you later.
:p Robin

Well I know most people like to hear closure to the problems we post, so here is the skinny. It was electrical, I had a bad wire in the engine harness, I was having other problems as well but was not worrying about them. Now everything is working again. Thanks for everyones input.

Brian

Another issue on tilt and trim, I have a year old 215 and after being in the water when I tilt the engine up and down I get this terrible Screetch sound. I have checked the fluid and also greased the fittings and have had some guys say mine does that too, but that does not mean its right. Dont think I should get that sound. Any advice? Oh and it only began a few trips ago, not since it was new.

Back