Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Clayfield
State
Qld
full

Hi All,
Odd question but I want to know if Im going to run into any troubles by removing my motor than replacing it. Reason I am going to need to do this is as follows. Here in Australia we have certain freshwater dams that are stocked with awesome fish but will NOT allow a combustion engine fitted to the boat. I have just been lucky to get one of 250 licenses to fish a local dam that hasnt had a boat on for 4 years. I have used the my boat with motor fitting in Elec ONLY competitions, so I know the elec is fully capable of running boat all day. But if I want to get on the water I have to remove motor :mad: Time isnt a problem for me and I am a Ex Airforce Tradesman so I am also capable But...... worried about setting on throttle linkages or things like that. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Plan is to use my block and tackle (endless chain) for removal on frame then install a cradle to boat for additional Batteries to balance boat out.

Thanx
Ozy Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
From the manufacturers standpoint is just that you seal the mounting bolts properly with RULE Elastomeric Marine Sealant. :)

Yes, good point as thats an always to do with all fastners to the hull.

Back