Trailer Slicks

arsmetal,
They will not damage the hull but you will not be able to power the boat on the trailer. It will end up in the back of your truck. Let us know if you like them if you install them.
John D.

Arsmetal, trying to launch from the beach in my favorite low low water reservoir made me think about trailer slicks. Unless the carpet is wet, pushing the boat off is a back breaker. I picked up a set of E-Z Slides but have yet to install them. To me, it seems with all the bunk area, one would have to install more of these slicks than the fiberglass and aluminum crowd would. Even though the factory has given their blessing to trailer slicks from a previous poster, I would stay away from the raised rib type for they seem like they would indent the hull. Does anyone have any experience with the raised rib type and a triumph boat? Practice launching and especially retrieving to get the right speed down to safely land the boat without abuse. Lastly, in some bodies of water out west here, power loading is prohibited so trailer slicks should reduce cranking effort and the risk of hitting underwater obstructions with the motor. Let us know how they work for you.

I recently moved into a house on a canal that has a boat dock but no lift. When I first left the boat in the water I left it a little too long and the entire bottom was covered with barnacles so I took it to a marina and they scraped the barnacles off for close to $200, I would have done it myself but I couldnt scrape them off where the trailer bunks are. Well I have done it again, I left the boat in the water too long and once again the entire bottom is covered in barnacles but this time when I went to load it on the trailer I could barley get it on because the barnacles rubbing on the carpet on the bunks. Im not going to get the bottom cleaned again until I get a boat lift, wich will be within a few months. So I thought installing Trailer Slicks would help the boat slide on the trailer even with barnacles on the bottom.

you may be able to just jack up the boat to clean the bottom. I dont think that putting pressure on the boat for a short period of time while you clean it will hurt anything but I could be wrong.

Triumph recommends letting the barnacles dry out for a few days then using a power washer on the hull. Do a search and you will find other posts about this.

Back