Dave LeGear

Contributing Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
What's left of Pine Island
State
Florida
Just a quick reminder that if you are Premium Member you can get a nice discount for these: https://keelguard.com/flexstep-pro/ which might come in handy for us 8 Track or older Guys and Gals here on the Site :D

Here are some quick video's on the Product to help you see all the possible uses and mounting positions...

And any product related questions don't forget, we now have Tori from Megaware KeelGuard as one of our SME's here on the Site. And if she does not have the answer herself, I am sure can get one for us! :cool:

Thanks again for all the help Tori!

All My Best,
Dave

Thanks Dave. I need to order one of these for sure! :cool:

I need to find something for stepping up in the back of my F250 without using the trailer hitch receiver too. If you know of something let us know. :)

I need to find something for stepping up in the back of my F250 without using the trailer hitch receiver too. If you know of something let us know. :)

Just need to know if you need a step for when the tailgate is up or down? Since some I have had only seem to work with the tailgate in one position or were actually mounted on the tailgate, thus it would have to be lowered for use.

Thanks Dave. Tailgate up preferably, but either would work. :)

Know of just the product then Randy and had one on my last Tundra ;)

And personally (then again I am not 6 feet tall) was a little hard for me to flip it down in Flip Flops at times, so I would just push it down by hand. Other shoes or boots and I suspect because they were not as slick on the bottom, no problems at all :)

Unlike others I looked at then, it was on the same side as the driver, and left good clearance for towing and could be used no matter if the tailgate was up or down.

Hope this helps?

Thanks Dave! :cool:

As we all get older (yours truly included) getting in and out of your boat when launching, this or just working on her around the house can be hard and if not thinking and in a rush to "jump aboard" as if we were 25 years old again! Can be painful :oops:

Found this product idea that just might come in handy ;)

More examples for ideas if you do not want to use them to make you a set, can be found on this link:

And as Daddy would say "Use your brain before your back Son, and you more than likely will live longer" :cool:

Found some other examples and this one might not always work pending how much beam you have, or space on your trailer for one?

What I did really like with this example, was the nice add on walk on / step board under the bow, that should be easy enough to duplicate ;)

It would also give you some space to mount a locking trailer box for items like tie downs, etc. That could also have a handle welded on, this while getting used as a forward boarding step at the same time (see below)

f5c1d18f-6055-431f-a276-db9f74cdabc6.jpg

2beae412-b02e-4390-a457-6f5d0e05ec70.jpg

And though that one is expensive (well north of $350.00) is just an idea example. And some here may not even need two steps thus a well made simple small tool box might work in it's place? I have seen some that were designed for ATV's that might bolt down well on just such a plate, and be used as a step at the same time :)
s-l300.jpg

Back