transducer ck

glehav

Contributing Member
City
Elmore
does anyone know if there is any way to ckeck your transducer to see if it shooting in the right direction i know the transducer is got to be mounted square with the hull pretty hard to see what square is when the boats on the trailer . got mine bumped this weekend and it was standing stright up when i pulled the boat out of the water. would like to know that it was shooting right stright down from my transom. is it that much of a factor to have it square with the hull. or do you want it shooting aft or foward of the transom

It should be level not bent up. So you will need to pull it back down.

It should be pointing straight down for best results...however it isn't critical that it be "square" to the hull. A little tilt either way will not make a lot of difference. I hit mine on floating debris all the time and it flips up. I push it back down and go fishing. No need to get out the squares and protractors...eyeball it and forget it.

Tight lines.

thanks chuck and genelie i didnt know how critrical it was to have it square... i guess i can go fishing now. planing to take off work friday and me the little wife go do some fishing.. thanks again

Hey Guys, Chad at Merritt Marine here. As for your transducer, you've got it right, should be pointing down. If you want to make sure it works the best. The transducer should be level with the hull, then if you can push the transducer down one more click. So that the transducer is angled a little towards the bow of the boat. That way when it reads, it is be reading what's right below the hull. Hope this helps.

Chad

thanks molarboater ,whats up you just got back from the cost last week didnt you, hows things down there. i was looking at your pics of fishriver a few mins. ago nice place i was think about the specks and the lights on your peir bet i have fished under them before.. well how was the fishing you had good weather for it.... take care

Hey Guys, Chad at Merritt Marine here. As for your transducer, you've got it right, should be pointing down. If you want to make sure it works the best. The transducer should be level with the hull, then if you can push the transducer down one more click. So that the transducer is angled a little towards the bow of the boat. That way when it reads, it is be reading what's right below the hull. Hope this helps.

Chad

Chad,
Thank you for this post. I just bought a fishfinder and hope to install it this weekend and this looks like a good idea.

Thanks,
Jim
icon7.gif

Back