Trim Tabs on 191FS

R

rrweather

Anyone installed (or had them installed) trim tabs on their 191FS? I was looking into them, mainly to help the boat get on plane faster, especially when there is a lack of weight in the front of the boat (towing someone on a tube). I haven't brought the boat home to take measurements or to check the feasibility of running the wires and/or hydraulic lines. I'd feel better if I knew someone that has installed them. I would definitely install them myself. Also, I know the hydraulic vs. electric debate is almost as popular as the Ford vs. Chevy debate but I'll ask for input on the two anyway. Bennett's M80 seem like they'd be perfect for the 191. Just trying to get some ideas. Thanks.

Randy

My dad has some "connections" and is looking into whether or not he can get me a good deal on some Bennetts. I'll let you know if I get them and how the install goes.

That will be great. I've had my 191 for a season now and have been on the lakes, river and out in the bay. I want to start taking my boys ot tubing any advise in this area..

191fs

I have a 06 191fs with a 140 Suzuki's. I have two props , one for tubing and one for the ocean. I use the smaller prop for boarding and have no problems getting a board up.

I can get people up fine. It would just be nice to get someone up and be up on plane much quicker than it is now. Also, it would be nice to not worry as much about weight distribution. It looks like my Dad's source couldn't get me a much better deal than I can find on the net. I'll order them this week and hopefully get them installed in the next few weeks. I am going on vacation in two weeks so I may not finish them before then. I'll take some pictures and keep this thread updated.

That's actually where I'll probably end up ordering from. They seem to have the best prices. My dad works for a large yacht building company. He had his guy check to see how much he could get some Bennetts for straight from Bennett. The price wasn't much better than what these guys offer. The nice thing about rivermarinesupply is that you can add accessories for very cheap if you order the tabs from them. Anyway, I'll post an update once I begin installation. Thanks for the link.

Trim Tabs

A member of this forum (TABMAN II) works for Bennett. He's very knowledgeable and helpful. I'm sure he'll give you assistance should you need it. Bennett is first class when it comes to customer support.

Before investing that much money in tabs, you may want to try one of these first

http://www.bobsmachine.com/lift2.shtml#STABILIZER

Those extra rudders on this model really helps you carve up the water and unlike the Doel Fin I had used in the past, this one did stop the wondering at slow speeds as it says it will. The Doel Fin I had also flexed these don't.

Nice price point on them (same cost as many of the plastic versions) and it should return your investment money in lower engine RPM running while still running on a plane, which equals to less fuel burn. Just call first to make sure they have one that will work on your make and year lower unit.

Back