Trim Tabs Install

R

rrweather

Anyone installed trim tabs themselves? I posted this question in the 190/191 forum but haven't gotten any response. I am considering installing them on my 191FS to aid in getting the boat up on plane quicker (especially when towing a tuber or wakeboarder) and handling the choppy bay we fish in. I haven't done this before but it seems straightforward after reading the installation instructions from both bennett and linco. Also, I know people debate electric versus hydraulic to death. I would like to hear from people that have used either one. Thanks for the help.

I just bought my lenco's last weekend going to do the installation this spring. Your right it looks pretty much straight forward I will find out when the weather breaks. I figure two tubes of rule and measure twice drill once.

Trim Tab Installation

I installed Lenco trim tabs on my 210 last summer. Took me about 3 hours working at a leisurely pace. Very easy to install. Don't know how long it will take or how difficult it would be with the Bennetts since you have to install the hydraulic pump also. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Back