Trim Tab photos??

Tygh

Participating Member
City
San Diego
I would appreciate anyone that has a 170cc and has put trim tabs on their boat to post some pictures. I am debating between the Lenco and Benett tabs and want to see how the install looks on our little transoms. Thanks in advance.

Hi there!

A customer of mine and member of the website, SharkCharmers, has put trimtabs on his '05 170cc. I'll ask him to post the picks!

-Sam

Pictures of Nauticus Trim Tabs on 170 Bass

This is a picture of the Nauticus automatic trim tab that I installed 2 years ago on my 2002 170 Bass. This picture is on the port side and also shows my kicker motor. For more pictures, find the thread 17SC For more information go to the thread entitled "Trim Tabs or Hydrofoils for 170 Bass?" I do like these Trim Tabs very much. I hope this helps. Just be careful in placement that you do not interfere with the transom tie down to the trailer.

Attachments

• DSCN1077.JPG
    DSCN1077.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 111
I also use the Nauticus "Smart Tabs" and like them very much. They are automatic and give the stern much needed lift. Sorry that I don't have a photo for you:(

Thanks for info--My only problem is we beach boat alot. need to have tabs retrack--Can't have them in the down postion. Can I retrack tabs???

Triumphboy69,
The Nauticus Trim Tabs do not retract. They are adjustable as to pressure settings, but that is best done when they are out of the water. When I beach my boat, I always put the bow on the sandy shore and leave the stern in the water with the motor raised up. As long is there are 4 or 5 inches of water at the stern, there are no problems with the Nauticus Trim Tabs.

There is an optional part that can be bought that makes the Smart Tabs retract.

If you beach it.....the Smart Tabs will surely retract...........My bad.....that was no help at all......pay no attention !! :p

TYGH,

I have photos of my trim tabs on my 170 CC if you click on my login name then click on show all albums you should be able to access them they are under my boat pics. I haven't had any problems beaching my boat and I don't have the kit to release them. They are the Nauticus trim tabs made of SS. The boat will not drag the tabs unless you get under 0.8' of water according to my depth finder. I usually drop the family within a foot of shore then push back with the paddle to make sure the transom is in about 1'-2' of water and anchor off. The trim tabs are worth the money they make a huge difference in the way the boat handles, MPG and planning speed.:)

Last edited:
Back