Smart Tab trimtabs with a swimstep?

Taildown

Registered Member
City
Fallbrook
Has anyone installed a set of the Smart Tab trim tabs on a 190 Bay equipped with the factory swim step? It looks like the swim step frame may conflict with the upper attachment point of the Smart Tab unit.

And while I'm asking, with a set of the Smart Tabs installed how do you secure the transom/aft end of the boat to your trailer? It looks like the factory mounted tiedown/tow rings would not work with the smart tabs installed.

Thanks in advance!

Mark

I have a 195 with a swim step. I had to notch the top step 1" x 2" and it worked great. As to the tie downs I moved them to the side and have not had any problems.

Dennis-

I think I must have a different style swim-step. The actual steps are on a swing-down ladder, that flips up and sits on top of the small standing platform when not in use. I am concerned that the diagonal braces that extend down from the aft/rear edge of the platform and attach to the mid/lower transom would interfere with the mounting of the smart tabs.

Any 190 Bay drivers out there who have both the swim step and smart tabs? If not a call to Merritt marine is in order I suppose.

Mark

Back