Trim Tab Installation

Fishahn

Contributing Member
City
Stowe
Bought Bennett M120 Tabs over the winter, planning on installing shortly. I was hoping to see a couple pictures of current 210 owners trim tab mounting positions. I have been in contact with rep from Bennett who monitors our site, he has given me a few pointers too. I will post photos before and after on the site when I get to it.

Also going to put on rear seat cushions and install a stereo system.

Boat is a 2000 210 CC.

Trim Tabs and a stereo

I have the factory trim tabs and have just installed a stereo with speakers. I am using the spliter for the VHF antenna for the stereo also. I will post some pictures tommorrow if it is not raining too hard.
Barry

Factory Trim Tab Location

Here are some photo's of the factory trim tab location and switch location
Barry

Attachments

• trimsw-stereo.pdf
    111.3 KB · Views: 121
  • trimtab.pdf
    89.3 KB · Views: 135
question on the vhf spillter....Would that give youy less performance on the radio???? i would not want to sacrifice my radio range..

thanks Barry, appreciate the photos. I'd also be curious to see your rear storage boxes where the trim tab wiring comes thru the transom if possible. I like the way you installed the vhf and stereo thru the box wall, do they have enough support like that?

VHF Splitters

I have shared your concern with the splitter, I hope to be able to test the radios next weekend, I am land locked with thunderstorms and a leaking wheel cylinder on the trailer.
Before purchasing the splitter, I had discussed this question with another engineer who specializes in antennas for Navy ships. He told me that the vhf frequency is just above the fm requency and that that should not be any problems. But If is notice a problem I will be the first to remove the splitter.
Barry

i must have bought 2 defective splitters, cause neither worked . ended up with a 4ft dedicated fm antenna and the reception is where it should be---if i had only discovered the xm "roady2" first , i would never added the fm antenna, cause xm is all i use now on the water 'cept when i use my allison krauss live cd to "siren" them fish into biting :D
GGC

Trim Tab Line Location

I have enclosed a photo showing the routing of the trim tab line. Also you had asked about the mounting of the two radio's, my radios were orginally in the upper electronic cabinet, but every time I hit a large wave the door would slam shut. For the new location, the factory radio is usually mounted in the center, I used expanded PVC sheet for my adapter plates, which also provided the proper spacing. I will eventually replace the PVC with star board, our local dealer does not cary starboard in thicknesses of over 1/4 inch. I believe this will be enough support, But I will post the test results as soon as I can hit the water.
Barry

Attachments

• trimtabline.pdf
    86.1 KB · Views: 123
I use a splitter and have not seen any performance loss on my VHF. Seems to have worked out for my application. I have a similar set up to Il-Logical but on mine I prefer Sirius, for the NFL coverage.

thanks Barry.
Hey IllogicAL, how much for the XM. I have it in my new Chevy truck and love it. probably can't talk em into extending my truck subscription to my boat too huh?
I'll look into the xm "roady2" for the boat.

fishahn