installing trim tabs on logic 210 cc

S

striperking

bought some bennett trim tabs used and i probably did a little over kill on the size of the tabs 18 X 9. Now to the problem at hand they are the internal fitting type actuators i have no clue on which surface to mount the actuators. i have the swim platform that is in the way. If i had to mount the trim tabs high to be able to access the hose fitting the swim platform will have to come all the way off. I hope someone can help me with my quest to put every gaget possible on my Logic 210.

Trim Tabs

There's an individual that posts on here by the name of TabmanII. He's a bennett employee and is very eager to assist. Send him a PM and I'm sure he'll respond.

Trim tab installation

striperking,

I'm Thomas and I work for Bennett Marine in the Client Service Department.

Mike in Woodlands has a very good idea to post some photos of your transom, so we all will have a better idea the mounting limitations you are running into to complete the installation. Do you have a dig cam? If so, the photos will tell the tale quite easily. If not, then please contact me ([email protected]) and proivde a drawing (w/measurements) and I will see what we can come up with the make this fairly easy for you!

We look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
MJ Thomas
Bennett Marine, Inc.
Client Services

Thanks for the help

Rich Marron sent me some pictures that was very helpful gave me something to go on. I sat an looked at this transom for 2 days chicken to drill a hole but now i have one tab installed and one marked to be put on. So i am making a little progress now ran into a snag the nipples that came with the tabs were 2 inches too short to make it into the storage compartment. But now i have that handled all i need is free time to work. Thanks alot everyone. :cool:

trim tab installation failed

I was happy i finished told my wife to watch the tabs move up and down.
she never told me the red drippings were there until i got out of the boat to find out the nipples are leaking at the actuator which has been 5200 sealed around the nipple hole. What to do now i don't know if the nipples are too tight or too loose. Any suggestions? :(

Pipe nipple installation...

Striperking,

Can you explain how you installed the pipe nipples, so we will have a better idea of what will be needed to correct the issue? If you didn't installed them porperly, the Upper Hinge (actuator's triangle base mounted to the transom) housing might have split or they are not deep enough to seal off. Please let us know how it was completed and we should be able to provide some suggestions on how to correct it!

We look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
MJ Thomas
Bennett Marine, Inc.
Client Service

nipple installation

i drilled the hull straight into the rear compartments. so the nipple that came with the system was too short. I put a coupling and extended the nipple by doing this i had to push the nipple through the boat and tight it with it sticking outside the boat. My friend just left and i think he might of made it worst i told him to only small turns well he was cranking it on. Now i have one more problem probably the biggest problem the pump is not turning off and the ground wire and hot wires are over heating and the pump is hot i think it might be the switch but i not sure until i remove the now installed switch. :confused:

just a little sad

well i went out and unplugged wires from switch to find the green solenoid valve is shorted out the red solenoid valve works along with i think i stop the leak on that side. So if any one knows where to find a good price on solenoid valve then my ship has just sank. especially knowing it is a 50/50 chance a used trim pump would perform correctly. But i never that it would only last one day. :mad:

used trim tab pump

Looking for slightly used boat parts,since your in Norfolk va u might try budget boats in Chesapeake Va...they have a ton of used boat parts,they also have a web site, but I dont think they list their inventory

CFirth
owner 01 logic 210cc

Trim tabs...

striperking,

Please contact me at [email protected] and will see what we can do to get your system back on the water!

I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
MJ Thomas
Bennett Marine, Inc.
Client Services

Back