2006 215 Trim Tabs

E

eoj

I have just purchased a new 2006 Triumph 215 but not picked it up yet. I went by the dealer and noticed that when the trim tabs were put on, they cut the swim platform to install them. I'm wondering if this is normal. I've seen other 215's with trim tabs that fit nicely underneath the swim platform. My question, is this normal? Are there any other new owners who have had their swim platfoams cut out so the upper cylinder part of the trim tab can extend through it? Thanks

Hi eoj. My 2003 had the swim platform cut in order to accomodate the trim tab cylinder. I think it depends on the size of the tabs you're running. My 2003 had Lenco 12x12's, which were overkill I think for the boat. My new 2006 Chaos has Lenco 9x12's I believe and it was not necessary to cut the swim platform on it.

Last edited:
I corresponded with the Lenco folks about size reccomendations and they told me the 12x12 Edgemount is the one for the 210/215. I need my transom mounting point for the actuator to be below the step, like in the photo. I am glad to hear you have the 9x12 Randy, saves me sending the 12x12s back.

Randy, have you had your boat in the water yet? How do the 9x12s perform versus the 12x12s you had?

codfish

Bennett recommended the 9x18's

I've purchased a pair of Bennett 9x18's that I'll install as soon as my boat is delivered, hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday next week. The Bennett people said that the depth is not as important as the width and state that the tabs should extend across the bottom of the transom as far as is practical.

I'll let everyone know how it goes when the boat's in the water.

I haven't had it in the water yet so I can't say for sure. It might be a good idea to get Dick Cabble's take on tab size for the 215.

Codfish said:
Randy, have you had your boat in the water yet? How do the 9x12s perform versus the 12x12s you had?

codfish

Back