Triumph of Key West Fl

IvanVeter

Registered Member
State
fl
Hey ! Purchased 2003 Triumph Bay 190 CC here in Key west right before summer kicked in.
Love the boat, hope to get some help here since there is a few things need to be fixed on it. Had couple of cracks around center console that i had to "weld". welding plastic is something new but problem fixed , experience gained.
Now, what is the best way to bring nice white color back to its plastic? Yellowish hint really bothers me.

Attachments

• triumph.jpg
    triumph.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Welcome aboard. Glad you've joined us! There are almost 14 years of information on Triumph/Logic Boats available in the Triumph Boat owners forums located here: https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/forums/triumph-boat-forums.132/

As noted on the homepage welcome, the Boat Owner forums are Private forums for Premium Member subscriber access only. But the subscription is only $12/year. If interested click on the "Go Premium" button in the upper right of the screen to learn more.

And you have come to the right place for help and upgrade ideas for her. Once you become a Premium member, you can really access a lot of information for that hull as well as a lot of other related topics.

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/pages/subscribe/

All My Best,
Dave
Associate Administrator

I use a bleach / dawn dish soap solution and a brush. A little heavy on the bleach. Brush it around, let it soak and rinse.

And I'm a happy triumph owner! :)

There are alot of products out there that can clean it white, but they all contain a bleach solution (Bleach, that's the key).

Welcome aboard. The color might depend on where you obtained your welding rod. Did you get the Triumph white welding supplies from Merritt Marine? If not, the white might not match whatever you do.

Did I miss the topic on that one or what!?

I read through that and later thought, a bit of info on cleaning it to bright white finish.

Now that I look back at it, it looks like we're talking about the color of the plastic after welding. No, I don't have any advice for that. Kind of feel dumb.

I think you can read Ivan's post both ways........ie: Maybe just some yellowing on the entire hull of a used boat, or maybe yellowing of the the fixed cracks.......either way, doesn't matter.....both conditions were answered. :)

I've learned over the years not to expect "pretty" Roplene. The finish and fit even new, is not the greatest. And I bought mine new.

And weld repairs are really hard if not impossible to get to blend in to the point of disappearing or matching the original perfectly. But in the end, my 16 year old boat looks better and maintains better than any other around. I can live with that. ;):cool:

Back