Warning Alarm

TriumV.8

Registered Member
City
Seabrook
So I recently purchased an 03 210 CC with a Yamaha 150 2 stroke. Really like the boat but almost immediately a warning alarm began to sound. After some reading and asking around, I determined I should check the thermostats. Water pump was circulating water and it seemed like that fix made sense. Worked like a charm and no more alarm.

One other issue though. It does not appear that the oil is making it from the remote tank to the main tank on the motor. I changed the filter, but it still appears that the oil is not coming over.

Any ideas?

More info needed...

MK,

Do you see any blue smoke when first starting (cold start)? That would indicate oil usage.

Is there an oil tank in the motor (under the motor cover)? Perhaps one tank feeds another.

If not, the oil would feed directly to the oil pump which pumps the oil into the carbs (or mixes with fuel someplace if fuel injected).

I would be very careful if it seems no oil is being used because the oil is used to lubricate the motor. Don't use the motor, see a mechanic.

I my 2 stroke 70, There is a 3 quart oil bottle under the cover. After a few hours of motoring, I can see that some oil has been used. The amount of oil used depends on engine load (speed).

Thanks for the feedback Barry.

There is a main tank under the engine cover that is fed by the remote tank. The engine oil pump is drawing from this main tank, but the main is not drawing from the the remote, which is reserve.

If the main tank, which probably holds about a quart +-, gets low, an alarm sounds. It could be as simple as an electrical connection, or there is a small pump on the back of the remote tank that may need to be replaced.

Engine is running well and definately getting oil from the main tank.

Again...thanks for the feedback.

Moltykid

Ah...

That is better. Well then, could be something as simple as a compressed hose not allowing oil to flow or a blown fuse if an electric pump is used between the boat oil tank and engine holding tank:rolleyes:

To test, you need to find out how the oil gets to the holding tank. What activates the pump (if there is one) and then manually active the pump yourself. You should see oil flow.

Agreed. I think it either electrical, or the pumpon the remote tank is gone, which should not be a big deal. It is a small component. I'll let you know.

Back