west coast tournament

M

mark

would any of you west coast owners be interested in a tournament in our neck of the woods?maybe catalina or something like that(the home of sportfishing as we know it),i mean the east coast guys have the mackfest right?how about a seabass bonanza or maybe the calico cup....maybe there should be a west coast forum started to share info on the hot bites,buddy boats for the long trips offshore etc etc...there are so many differences from left coast and right coast,lets see east coast has mackerel tournaments(that wouldnt go over very well here!)west coast uses macks for bait..west coast wouldnt think of using dead bait unless we absolutely had no choice,great for chum though.i am a little jealous of those big bluefin but i guess a fat white seabass will help me get over that,what do you think west coasters?

I would be up for it. Lets get more people interested and make it happen!

West Coast fishing forum sounds good. Calif is an aweful big state to try to do a tournament. To participate in a Catalina tournament would be a 1,000 mile drive round trip.

Even if it were not a tournment, it would be nice to do a get together, someplace nuetral and close to all, or spilt the difference, one event northern cal, and one southern cal.

yeah that would be great,i could see 8 or 10 triumphs out on the tuna grounds together and there is a great safety factor when you have multiple boats it really allows you to extend your range safely

jerry where do you normally fish? one of the reasons i bought my 215 was that it was easily trailerable to anywhere i wanted to take it,i was in monterey for salmon on the opener,no luck but a fun trip and i live in so cal near san bernardino.ill be at anacapa or santa rosa island on monday fishing lings and shallow water rockfish and soon as the water warms and these storms end ill be chasing seabass at catalina,cant wait till the yellows and tuna show up in san diego either!

I mostly fish out of Ventura but I have a trailer and I know how to use it. Say when and where I’ll try to be there. How about an ALL PLASTIC Calico Bass tournament Plastic Boats & Plastic Baits!! We could use the bait tanks as live wells and do it C&R just a thought.
Victor

I live in Lodi, between Sacramento and Stockton. I normally fish the delta (fly fishing/stripers) with trips to Mulege in Baja (flyfishing for sailfish/dorado) in the summertime, mid June through mid July. I should take delivery of my new 215 about June 1st and after some quick run in time will be hauling down to Mulege about the 15th. I plan to rent a house along the river for the summer.

I have one more year of that ugly word, WORK, yuk, to go before retiring and then you can count me in on any tournament, SoCal or NorCal if schedule permits.

calico,im fishing out of ventura on monday the 10th,running over to the islands to fish lings if were lucky and the weather holds out.

berkeley landing would be a great place for the norcal owners late june or july would be great to meet the westcoast owners heck I would be willing to fish socal like to learn more about the landings Jman

Jman, if it's between June 1 and June 15, count me in. Otherwise I'll be towing my new boat to Baja and won't be available until after Aug. 15. That's not a bad date either. The seas in NorCal smooth out in Sept, Oct.

Jerry, that sounds good to me now if we can get some other triumph owners to participate... I'm from your neck of the woods born and raised inTracy now live in central valley sure miss that short drive to the bay! thanks Jerry in clovis

Actually, if it's in the first part of June I may drive the boat all the way from Lodi, I need to get the 20 hours on the engine and the run back and forth from Berkeley to Lodi would put four hours on each way. I'd like to have the trim tabs installed before the run so I could try them out in the varied conditions I'd encounter.

I like the plastic on plastic idea too.
We have been indocrinated to the world of Berkely Gulp.
Sand and calico bass candy.
Midlle of the state would be Ventura, Maybe Morro Bay.
Both are nice and have camping, hotels, etc.

middle

3hours drive either way morro or berkley Have family In murrietta... I like fishing with both live bait ,plastics and jigs. hey when's the last time you fished for salmon? just wondering if anybody would be interested fishing the sacarmento river this yearfor big chromies Jerry

I'm game . I usually like to fish Dana to Ventura , but I will venture farther north or south for a get together

Jman, I'd join you but that should be the FIRST day I put my boat in the water! Keep lots of notes! I want to steal everything you learn.

Last time my wife and I fished for 'buts, we fished at the mouth of Richardson Bay. Caught one keeper. We were using live bait out of San Rafael. That was a few years ago!

Hopefully I'll take delivery of the boat the middle of next week and have Thursday and Friday to fasten on the GPS/Sounder, radio and trim tabs. I'll run the boat Saturday and Sunday locally and then add the trolling motor during the next week, finishing with a weekend run from Lodi to Sausalito as a shakedown before dropping the boat back at the dealer on the 12th for a 20 hour check before heading to Baja the next day.