What size plug socket Yamaha F60?

Maxg94

Participating Member
Premium Member
City
Middle River
I bought a 5/8 plug socket and it is too small then a 13/16 and it does not even fit in the area too big. Anyone know what size is correct for this engine/spark plugs. As ususal the manual is absolutly no help. Thanks Yamaha. I"m geting close to give up on this project. Thanks for any help.

You need the large (13/16) spark plug socket. Get one from any auto parts store. There should be a rubber plug in the socket to protect the porcelain part of the spark plug.

Thanks Barry, I got one(13/16) at an auto part store and the socket itself will not fit into the cavity in the block to fit down on the plug. So right now I'm lost on this one.

I would check here and see if it is a special part?
http://www.marine-uae.ru/doc/F50,F60,F50F,F60C-05.PDF

Then maybe verify if it is this plug?
Yamaha F60 Accessories, Yamaha F60 NGK Spark Plugs

And then call either Yamaha and or Snap On and see if this one will work?
S9711KA, Socket, Metric, Spark Plug, Shallow, 18 mm, 6-Point

I do not have much time this morning to much dig deeper on this, but I found these and more links by inserting the same question into my Google Tool Bar of "What size spark plug socket Yamaha F60?"

Mmmm

PS always finds the cool stuff :)

Well, I guess the four stroke has something mounted in the way.

If the socket fits the other plugs, then, you have the correct socket. Some plug sockets have a hex on the end that allows you to use a wrench to turn it. You may have to insert the socket and turn it with a wrench, or, use a universal joint attached to the socket and an extension to remove the plug.

Hope this helps.

Well, having not much else better to do, I found your plug on Google.....strange size, 11/16 (18mm) hex......couldn't begin to tell you where to find the tool. Whoever sells Yammi stuff, I guess........But!!!!!! ol' Dave the ComPutershark gets the prize again (I just reread his post above and he did mention the 18mm socket) Way to go, Dave!;)

Thanks again everyone. I googled this and could not find, but I knew that someone on this site would come through. Thanks again for the help, as always great info on this site.

Back