spark plug socket??

B

Bumpa

I'm attmepting to pull the spark plugs in my yamaha four stroke but none of the sockets I have seem to be able to fit into the space available - is there anyone who knows if a special socket is required?

Bumpa,

I have a 4-stroke Yamaha and I use a Craftsman 18 mm deep socket# 44435 to change the plugs. It is a very thin wall socket to get in tough places. Take a plug with you when you buy the socket.

Many lakes we fish are above 7500 ft. altitude and are no wake lakes, so plugs foul up fast! I have 4 sets of plugs and change them after each days fishing. I soak the dirty ones in carbarator cleaner and works pretty well.

HIGH&DRY

One other thought, I had a similar problem, with no speacial socket...I ended up grinding the outside wall of the socket, in order for it to fit onto my plug. although the plug was for my atv.

thanks

One other thought, I had a similar problem, with no speacial socket...I ended up grinding the outside wall of the socket, in order for it to fit onto my plug. although the plug was for my atv.

Wouldn't you think they would make things a bit more simple for their consumers? Thanks for the reply!

Yami does not want the consumer to work on the engines. It keeps their certified mechanics in business. You need special diagnostics and tools.

Back