What's your MPG??

Jan from Humboldt

Contributing Member
I just computed mine as I just filled the fuel tank and after 3 trips fishing and logging (Per the GPS) over 100 miles I got 8.78 miles per gallon.

This is on a 150CC with a 4 stroke Yamaha, and before you ask I haven't been ham handing the go fast lever, mostly just getting the boat up on plane and scooting along at 18-20 kts, there was also several hours of trolling at 2-3 kts.

But with fuel at $3+ I'm happy as a clam. :D

which model boat do you own? If its a 210 thats pretty darn good, I guess mine is somewhere around 4 miles per gallon on average, this is a 210 with a 200 Yam Hpdi

Fishahn said:
which model boat do you own? If its a 210 thats pretty darn good, I guess mine is somewhere around 4 miles per gallon on average, this is a 210 with a 200 Yam Hpdi

This is the 150 CC with a 40 Hp, sorry I should have been more specific, here's a picture of it fron the Triumph site

150cc_front.jpg

I get about 2.75 nmpg on most fishing trips into the GOM with our close interval steep chop on modest swells. My average trip is 30% trolling at 6 - 9 knots, 25% idling while on anchor or tied to deep platform, and 45% running to and from fishing generally at 15 - 18 knots outbound and 18 - 22 knots coming back in. I have seen over 4 nmpg on inshore water when fully trimmed out for economy at 24 knots.

Boat is '01 Logic 210. Motor is 130 Honda, prop is Powertech 13X15 4 blade SS. Most of my buddy boats don't leave motor running when on anchor, and they get about 1.25 to 1.5 nmpg with 21 - 24 ft boats and 200 - 250 hp 2 strokes.

Yes my boat is underpowered, but I really wanted the 4 stroke, and this was the biggest at the time I bought it.

just got back from a trip down around boston, put 30 gallons in tank evening prior, put 95 miles on boat, had about same amount of gas left in tank(maybe a bit more) when I returned, so this was about 3 miles per gallon. did alot of run and gun type fishing, small amount of trolling, and quite a bit of cruising around 3600 rpms. managed 1 small bluefin tuna(25 lbs), lost 2 others and had many missed hits, awesome day otw!

My 170 CC with the 60 horse two stroke Yamaha is getting 4.5-5 mpg depending on how hard I push it. That's with just myself and fishing gear in the boat.

MPG for a 17 CC

I also get from 4.5 to 5 MPG with just me in the boat from a 60 HP Yamaha two stroke. Fully loading my boat to max reduces the MPG to 4 or less.

MPG for 210cc

I have a 175hp HPDI on my 2003 210CC. The best mileage I have seen for a day (over 50 miles) is 4.28. The worst is 2.62. That day involved a lot of trolling at 8-9 knots, definitely not the boats sweet spot.

I use a Navman 5500 for constant fuel economy readings. It never ceases to amaze me how little adjustments in speed, trim, tabs and/or load can make up to a 1 mpg difference at cruising speeds. I get it dialed in as close to 4 mpg as I can and off I go. With the miles/hours I put on my boat and the cost of fuel, I have paid for the Navman in fuel savings....and increased my range.

Back