07' F150 - No Premium Gas?

fl81turbozx

Participating Member
City
Wesley Chapel
I could have sown my dealer told me not to use premium gas in my F150.....is that true? Just use regular?

Also, Seafoam is awesoem for collector cars, how about boats? My dealer said use "Ringfree". I keep Seafoam on hand (for my cars), so it would be easier for me to use that if it is just as good.

Just call the svc. department at your dealer, they should be able to answer any questions you might have. When I've owned boats in the past, that's what I did.

Nothing wrong with running Prem. Fuel in your engine and you may even get more performance thus burn less fuel with using it, even more so in hot weather... See page 9 in your owners manual on the subject which can be pulled from this web page

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard/service/viewmanuals/outboard_manuals.aspx

Don't know about your other product, but Ring Free is really nothing more than Chevron Techron fuel addictive in a different bottle. Here again, if you run Chevron Prem fuel (which already has it) then you are that much ahead in the ball game ;)

I have also been getting good results with Startron (can get it was West Marine) and it does not use all the solvents that Techron does... My current mix is Startron with Chevron (all I ever run) Prem. fuel and the Honda is running as smooth as "snakes on glass" with it :D

Back