170cc

G

gunrod51

Hello. Looking to purchase a 170cc with all the options, including trolling motor and bimini top. As far as a compromise between my all fishing boat and my wife's need for cushions- is this a good choice?

I have a good price from Don@ Northwest boats with everything, including a 75 Optimax as my choice. Is this enough motor or too much?

I want to order with no rails,fishing room and comfort for mom when fishing is enough and a good river boat with the Colorado at Lake Havasu complimenting houseboats.

This unit will also be used on in-ward lakes and rarely on in-shore waters. You owners, please tell me about your boat.

Thanx BP

gunrod51,
I have a 2003 170CC and love the boat. We use it primarily as a fishing boat on the Potomac River but do on occaision pull the kids around on a tube. I have a 60HP Merc and have all the power I need. The 75 Optimax will be more than enough but not too much. Mine came with a bow cushion as well as the usual seat and livewell cushions and is a nice option when just cruising around. I leave it at home when fishing. As for the rails, you may want to have them install the small grab rails as it can get a little tight walking around the center console. It's nice to have something else to hang on to in a rocking boat. The boat is super easy to trailer and launch by yourself and small enough to get into some pretty skinny water. As I said before, I love my boat. If you have any particular questions, shoot me a PM. Good luck.

Back