2004 191 Fs

paginnett

Registered Member
Just picked up a "new" 2004 191FS. Dealer still had this their inventory so I think I got a good price. Set up with a Suzuki 140 four stroke. I guess the new ones only come in white. Mine is beige.....not sure I would have liked the white for long anyway as I tend to get my boats filthy.

Its been fine on the shake down cruises. I cannot believe how quiet the Suzuki motor is.

My next step is to figure out how best to set up the downriggers. You can't get them as far aft as you can on the 210; plus the rod storage areas make a great access point. Someone here mentioned stainless toggles. Would love to find out if those worked and where one gets them.

Only two small gripes so far: the lack of a spare on the trailer is a major inconveneince. I'll have to remedy that problem pronto. Also, the rear lights the ez-loader trailer are pretty cheesey. I'm already having trouble with them. I will upgrade soon. Has anyone had any luck with the L.E.D. lgihts?

Anyway, looking forward to summer. Tight lines.

Kokefisher

The LED lights on our '06 trailer got filled with water, so we called our dealer and got sent new lights. We ordered a spare tire and put it on but the tire hit the ground on bumps so we took it off and put it in the back of the truck. We are going to get a new mount to put it back on the trailer. We also have the 140 Suzuki and it is an awesome engine.

Welcome to the site Kokefisher. Glad you found us and congratulations on the new boat! :)

I have an '05 F/S. So far no problem with the lights. I mounted a spare on the winch stand. If interested, I could post pics.

spare tire mount on winch stand

Trawles, thanks so much. Sure would love to see the pic of the set up.
Koke

LED lights

Kokefisher
I had to replace the standard lights on my trailer with LED lights because they corroded out. One of the LED lights flooded and West Marine replaced it. They are factory sealed.
I got one of the "new" 2001 Logic 186's in 2003. I put the spare tire horizonally behind the winch post using a U-bolt and securing it with a cable lock.
I also got a new 2002 Suzuki 115 4 stroke and I love that motor.
Have fun with your boat. And welcome to the filthy boat owners club. I use mine for diving, cruising and Geocaching. GA's red clay gets tracked in all of the time.

Pardon my ignorance.

I have photos of my spare tire mount for my '05 191 F/S but the file size is too large. I will post if someone can tell me how to convert a 800kb .jpg from a digital camera to the 244kb limit. The lowest resolution I can set the camera to is 1.8MP. If it's easier, I can send via email. The mount is a CE Smith 7310G purchased from West Marine. I would have preferred to mount the tire horizontally between the winch stand and bow but there was not enough clearance. I also have a tire cover and a cable lock for what it's worth.

Hi Trawles. Welcome to the site. Here is a link explaining how to attach photos to your post:

http://www.performanceoutdoors.net/forums/showthread.php?t=320

Here is a link telling you how to upload photos to the Photo Gallery:

http://www.performanceoutdoors.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1019&highlight=picture

And in answer to your question, here is a link to a thread about programs you can get for your computer to resize photos you've made with your digital camera. Your camera should have come with a software disk to do this, but if not one of these programs can help:

http://www.performanceoutdoors.net/forums/showthread.php?t=884

it is simply a matter of opening a photo program and selecting to resize the image from its original size to something under 800x600 and 250kb in file size. If the program has the option to "Save for Web" choose that and play with the image/file size till you get what you need. Usually you can create a "preset" or template setting so you can use the same one each time you want to resize a photo.

Sorry you have to go do this but uploading photos over 250kb in size would eat up the server space I'm paying for and slow down the site access too. Let me know if you need any more help. And you are welcome to email the photo to me if you'd like me to compress and attach it to your post. Just let me know which post and what username to post it for.

Blessings,
Randy

Trawles said:
I have photos of my spare tire mount for my '05 191 F/S but the file size is too large. I will post if someone can tell me how to convert a 800kb .jpg from a digital camera to the 244kb limit. The lowest resolution I can set the camera to is 1.8MP. If it's easier, I can send via email.

Back