2006 Triumph Mackfest July 14-15!

Can you join us for the 2006 Mackfest July 14-15?

• Total voters

NCangler

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Raleigh
State
NC
It is official! The 2006 Triumph Boat Owners Mackfest will be held July 14-15, 2006 at Portside Marina in Morehead City, NC. This will be an Inshore and Offshore tournament for Spanish and King Mackerel. Denard Harris at Portside has graciously offered to host the event again and Merritt Marine will be a co-sponsor along with Triumph Boats and performanceoutdoors.net. You can enter one or both Inshore/Offshore, plus you can enter the "Calcutta" for either or both categories and/or the "Tournament-in-a-Tournament" for one or both events.

The Calcutta is based on the largest fish in each category (offshore and inshore). The fish can be one of the fish in the (3) three-fish aggregate weigh-in. The angler chooses the fish prior to weighing in the three-fish aggregate. The Tournament-in-a-Tournament allows for Boat and/or Motor brand competition. (I'll get more details from Denard Harris at Portside to clarify this).

To contact Denard Harris or the folks at Portside Marina:

Portside Marina
209 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557
Local: (252) 726-7678
Toll Free: (877) 434-7678

The Comfort Inn in Morehead City is our host hotel again. If you call to make a reservation let them know that you are entering the Mackfest hosted by Portside Marina. Call toll free at 1(800)422-5404 to secure your room or make a reservation online at Comfort Inn.

There will be a seafood dinner Friday night at 7PM and family members are invited to attend along with fishermen. There is no charge for the meal. The Captain's meeting will be from 7-9PM Friday night. There is additional parking on 3rd street, just 150ft. away from Portside Marina.

Please use our online registration form to register for the event, and make plans now to join us! :D

You can put in your boats at ramps located in either Beaufort or Morehead City. Here is a link to public access ramps in the area:

http://www.ncwildlife.org/fs_index_05_boating.htm

I am thinking of coming even though I don't fish...oh the horror! It's a real good excuse to take my boat somewhere new. I know the scuba diving is great.

Please let us know what cost there would be to attend.

There wouldn't be any cost associated with attending the event (except for personal expenses of course for hotel and travel). But there will be entrance fees for entering the fishing events. I'll post those as soon as I confirm them with Portside. I hope you can come down.

I'll see you there
GGC

Sorry that the "What-Ever" Triumph Fishing Team will not be able to make it. We have our first FLW Outdoors Kingfish tournament that weekend in Southport. Every year J.R. and I talk about how we would like to come so we could meet all the good folks that own Triumphs. All of you have fun for us. Be sure to tell Denard and the group at Portside hello for us to. When we fished the US Anglers Nationals in 2002 we had not had our boat very long and had a problem with the live well in the middle of the torunament. Denard and the guys at Portside came in after hours to fix it so we could fish the 2nd day of the Nationals. My hat is off to them, they are great people. So good luck all.
Cheryl & J.R.

Whatever Team, I'm sorry that you won't be able to make it. I knew there were conflicts with other tournaments that weekend, but the combination of best availability of hotel rooms, other events in the area and a poll of the best weekend for folks led us to that weekend. There is a "Tall Ships" event in Morehead City in June this year that is supposed to attract hundreds of thousands of people. That event prevented us from trying to do June this year. But maybe we can nail something down for next year early enough to do a June event.

cagrove, glad you'll be there! I hope the Spanish will too. We caught some nice size last year at 3-5 lb. :)

Hopefully there will be a year that we will get to come. We will keep trying. We have an FLW Kingfish tournament in Atlantic Beach the Weekend of Sept 16. So look for us on the water in that area then.

Well I am ready guys. I just finished my registration and made my hotel reservations. the rates are a litttle higher than last yr, but heck I have 5 months to raise the money for the hotel and gas to tow my 210 900 miles. I WILL do better then 6th this yr. (ya right) :). Hopefully I will have my funds together by May and have the entrance fees paid by then also. ya look out the work-N-dog is coming.

I've started my planning my trip for the event. It looks like I will be staying at another hotel as the Comfort Inn is not pet friendly. The Caribbe Inn on Atlantic Beach welcomes pets and had docks to boot. It's across the bay from Dockside Marina. I'm trying to get my dive buddy to go as I want to do some diving while I'm there. Been researching dive sites too.

Looking forward to seeing all you folks at the Mackfest. Be sure to fill out your online registration form as soon as you can so we'll have a good idea of attendance. You don't have to know all your crew members at this point and you don't have to send in the registration till a few weeks before the event. Once you register online you can print out the form you receive and use that to send in your registration when you're ready. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Seas depend on what is brewing in the Atlantic of course but unless a storm is blowing thru, generally mornings are flat to 3-4' waves with possibility of afternoon thundershowers. Last year it was pretty rough on Friday but Saturday turned out to be a nice day on the water. If it is rough offshore the fishing inside the Beaufort channel around Shackleford Banks and in the "Turning Basin" can be quite good. We'll post some reports as we get closer. :)

We have a military exercise that might possibly happen during that time so I might be screwed. If I make it, it will be a pretty last minute thing and I won't be able to bring my boat...so if it is possible I might have to crew on another boat.

If you can come we'll get you on a boat! :)

Upon further review, checking with the Admiral, that's the same weekend that our daughter is going to visit her grandparents in Sanford. Checking logistics, and finances, and time off work to make the trip possible. May or may not enter the tournament, just looking forward to the camaraderie, and hope to meet some of the people that I have talked to on this site. :)
Brian and Lesley Kirkpatrick:cool:

Good deal! Hope to see you there. :)

OK, my reservations are in for myself, my dive buddy Andy and my ferret Fred at the Caribbe Inn on Atlantic Beach. We get a free boat slip too.

Now we have to do some research on finding some interesting dive sites in under 50 feet of water or I'll have to add some anchor line to what I have on my two anchors we'll be using. A bonus would be dive sites with moring bouys. For those of you live in the area, do you know of any info on the internet on NC diving sites? Books?

I'm getting excited about the MackFest and meeting other Triumph owners from this site attending the event. Has a schudule been set up yet? Meeting times and place? Get togethers after the fishing?

Leave nothing but bubbles........

Wish I could make it

Wish I could make it Randy but it won't be a good year for me to travel, I had mentioned the surgury I have coming up. Will do my best to make it next year, either as a spectator or vying for last place. Either way, I am sure it will be a good time and I too look forward to meeting some of you guys and gals.

AstoDiver, I finally got my PADI card replaced, I had logged over a 100 dives while we were stationed on the island of Crete, Greece. I have not done much diving since, and thay was 22 or so years ago, but plan to get my gear together and get back into the water. Maybe one year we can get together and dive as well, though, I do fish as well, at least that's what I call it, so might have to plan around my last place attempt.

Dave

Back