2006 Triumph Mackfest July 14-15!

Can you join us for the 2006 Mackfest July 14-15?

• Total voters
Dave, Take care of yourself. I had my surgery a week ago Monday and I'm on my back for another week or so and will have to slowly work back into getting my life back. :) But I can already tell a huge difference. It is really diffucult being here at the house knowing that a brand new Chaos boat is waiting for me over at Merritt Marine! ;) We'll see you at next years event I hope!

Randy
Tell you what. I will come down there and pick up your caos and bring it up here. I will be gland to chase some walleyes around on erie to break it in for you. What do you say. OK??

LOL! I am moved...but not far. :p Thanks for the offer but I'm looking forward to that breakin period! :)

Mackfest get some press.

Hey everybody

I just got my boat test. com email letter and guess what. The mackfest is getting some press. I is a nice mention about the mackfest and links to video tests of 5 differant models.
Maybe attendance with grow by leaps and bounds.

Maybe.

Wasn't able to make it last year due to a job change but could possibly make it this year. My fishing partner (my son) will not be available and I maybe making the trip from South Carolina solo. Never did any tournament or mackeral fishing but very interesetd in giving it a go. I'm on a '03 190 Bay. Anyone with experience looking for a partner or an open spot on the inshore portion?

reno???

how long has that fish been in Reno's mouth---i got to start paying more attention to you guys!!!!!

Hey Sea PA. If you do decide to come up for the tournament I"m sure we can get someone on the boat with you. Putershark was interested in coming up at one time but did not want to haul his boat from Alabama with the cost of fuel these days. We may have someone else coming for SC and if so maybe that can reply as well. Mark Ray, who designed our new logo, expressed an interest in coming up from Clover, SC and wanted to get on a boat to fish some so that might work out well. Your 190 Bay will be great inshore and if it is a calm day you'll even be okay going out a little ways. I'll let some other 190 owners that have fished the areas advise some more on that. I hope you can make it! ;)

My dive buddy and I are coming up from the Greater Metro Atlanta, GA Area with my boat in tow. We'll buy some extra gas in GA cause it's usually cheaper for the trip to save some bucks. I drive under the speed limit too.

We are really looking forward to this trip. Besides the photos of the fish under the water, I'll try to take some photos of the fish y'all catch.

There are just a few more days for the advance registration for the MackFest. If you know you are coming go ahead and register. You'll get an email confirmation when you register and you can send that in with your registration payment over the next three weeks. But we need to know how many folks are coming so we can plan for the Captains meeting dinner, etc. It should be a lot of fun and the fishing this year should be great!

I'm coming but not to "fish" in the contest. So, will I be participating in the "Captain's meeting dinner, etc"?
We will be hanging out & watching on the surface or scuba diving in the area.

Any other info that you can provide about the event and meeting places would bo helpful.

Also, how many persons have you coming so far?

Thanks.......

Definitely want you go to come to the Captains meeting to meet other Triumph owners. I'll be in Morehead City next week and will get all the details on schedule from Denard Harris. So far I think we have about 12 boats signed up and it would be great to have over 20 involved. I post a list of the boats the first week of July that have registered to that point.

afraid i must bow out of fishing portion of weekend

it was just confirmed that my clogdance group will be performing on the morning of july 15th in washington n c . so , i will have to leave town and hopefully be back for the weighin. i may have to cruise around saturday and see how everyone is doing,cause my offshore deal is done.,
i will be down friday and will be happy to assist anyone who wants help in prefishing---got about 50 gallons of gas that really needs to be used up !!!
GGC

Well, it looks like I won't be attending the Mackfest after all. :( What with all the rain we've been getting in Northern Virginia, I'll be trying to dry out my basement and replacing carpeting and other fun stuff. But I'm still better off than a lot of other folks in the area. Ya'll have fun and post lots of pictures. Maybe next year.

Well, it turnes out that our military exercise will go up to the 13th and I should be able to break free for the weekend...or at least one of the 2 days. If anyone has room on their boat for an extra body I would really appreciate it. I have my own gear and tackle and it's a given that I would chip in for fuel and bait. I've been to every TBOT (even the first one with only 2 boats...) and would hate to miss this one. Thanks, Matt

Hi Mattitude. We'll get you on a boat so come on down!

Cagrove, really sorry to hear about the flooding. If you need a break come on down for a couple days of fishing.

GGC, sorry to hear you won't be able to fish Saturday morning. I'll be around all day Friday the 14th at Portside Marina so hope to see you then.

If anyone has wanted to come but hasn't registered yet go ahead and sign up and bring your registration fee when you come. I think we can talk folks into waiving the additional "after July 1st" $25 per category if we can get more folks to come. I'd sure love to see at least 20 Triumphs on the water fishing around Morehead City. :)

If you'd like to come to the MackFest to check out the boats but aren't interested in fishing that is okay too. There will be folks around all day Friday and most of Saturday that can show you the boats and answer any questions. If I can answer any in advance please don't hesitate to send me a Private Message or an email to [email protected].

Blessings all! ;)

NCangler, thanks for the invite. Is there any contact info that you can pass along? I would hate to get over there and not know who/what is going on and "miss the boat"...so to speak.

Mattitude, Denard Harris is the owner of Portside Marina, which is hosting the event. There will be Portside folks as well as folks from Merritt Marine and Triumph Boats around all day on Friday. I plan to be hanging around all day Friday too to sell performanceoutdoors.net and MackFest t-shirts. (Unless my crew gets in early and wants to do a little pre-fishing that day). When you get to Portside ask for me and if I'm not around ask for Denard Harris, Dick Cabble or Rick Davis. One of us will hook you up on a boat. :)

Looks like scattered thunderstorms all next week (not unusual for this time of year), but comfortable low 80's temperatures and winds aren't looking too bad. It is looking pretty good to me, but we'll keep an eye on the forecasts through early next week. If some rough weather is heading this way we'll make an announcement early.

My dive buddy Andy is starting to whine, but I'm coming up there unless there is a hurricane. If I can't dive because of no dive buddy, I'll have myself a photo shoot of all of the MackFest fishermen.

Back