36 V trolling motor

sgrames

Registered Member
City
York
Anyone put a 36 volt trolling motor on 191, 195 or similar or considered it as an option? Would you do it again? Why, why not?

For a 191 or 195, I would think that you shouldn't need more than an 80 pound thrust troll motor, which you can get with 24V. I have a 74 pound thrust, 24V Minn Kota on my 190 Bay and it's more than adequate for my purposes. A 36V troll motor means one more battey on board, or an extra 60 pounds or so.

There are many web sites with information on deciding on what troll motor will work for your boat. Here is one for starters; Choosing the Right Trolling Motor

I have a Motorguide 80lb Great White on my 2005 191FS. It's enough to do the job even in chop. I think you would be fine with the highest 24V (which is 80lb as far as I know).

Thank you!

Men,

Thanks for the replies and what works for your 190 and 191. It is helpful to know. The reason I still think I need 36v and 101 lbs is because I fish the susquehanna with current as part of the formula. The best small mouth fishing is where there is current. and even guys is lightweight flatbottoms are using 101lbs to fish agaist the current. I would imagine that 80lbs very adequate in a lake environment.
Thanks again,
Stephen

I had a 36v on my 190 bay. It damned near threw me off the boat a few times. It did come in handy when I was fishing around submerged trees and there was a small craft advisory. 24v is probably enough but I would rather have more than enough and not need it.

Back