Genelie

Recognized Leader and Retriver Guru
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Lakeside
State
Ca
I was told by the dealer that the 582L furuno fishfinder was to big for the 210 cc compartment.......Well I bought one anyway....I was thinking if it was too big, I would find a way to get to fit......WELLLLL it fits, and no modifications needed. Just thought I would let you know, if anyone was thinking of buying one.
However, as I pulled up by decking in the stern of the boat, to see the best way to pull the sounder cable through, The dealer did not use the tube install under the deck. After I had pulled by old one out and the pulling wire attached to that. I thought well what a dumb a-- for not using that. So detached the wire and pulled it out. I then fished a wire through that nice tube..Yes how sweet it was when I saw how easy it was to get the wire through.
Okay, now that I got the new cable attached to the wire, I begin to pull it through...slowly and smoothly she went.........UNTILL the cable reached about foot from the end, where the tube comes up from the bottom and protrudes into the center counsil. Well The factory boys, and I have heard this from other 210 owners, as they pushed that tube up...THEY PUT A MAJOR KINK IN IT. Now I was lucky, I talked to a guy at the fred hall show, I remember what he told me what he had done, when got to that kink. You will have to tug like a MOTHER-------get it pulled out about a few more inches, this will pull the kink beyond the edge of the mold, and allow you to pull your cable through. BUT WHAT A BEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Back