7/21-22 Mako madness Tourney

tylerderdan

Participating Member
Well I figured I would share how we did with our latest tourney. Our team "unforgiven" start off really well. After the shotgun start, we were one of the the first teams to be hooked up that day, and continued with on a roll with 7 releases the first day.

The second day we did not fair as well. We ran to another area I had planned to fish, and another boat beat me to my spot. Instead of going to plan B I choose a different route, and I believe it cost us. We did get rolling at the end of the day, but it was getting late. We had to mako's come in and hooked up on a double with just two of us onboard. We quickly released the first, getting our pictures and cutting the cables. After that the decision was made to take the next fish, as it may have been large enough for third place. Everything went just right, but the fish came in too light to place.

Our MAko weighed 128lbs. on the certifed scale at Dana Point Harbor. We ended the tourney with 8 releases also. Good times and a great tourney. Pictures below.

There is also a pic of 300 lb. blue shark that accidentaly got hooked while I was baiting a mako, the blue just beat the mako to the bait.

The blue shark looks deceivingly small under water in the picture, but trust me, at leader It was every bit of 8 feet long. My boat has nice marks on it from when I release her. That one was a rough release, but she got away clean, and that's what's counts.

Attachments

• 100_0680.jpg
    100_0680.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 100_0676.jpg
    100_0676.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 100_0683.jpg
    100_0683.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_0684.jpg
    100_0684.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 28
NICE, I have only landed one mako, she / he was just a bay in comparison, and have released 3 blues...one blue was not much bigger than the huge dine I was using.:D

Back