More grouper in Tampa Bay

J

jconstab

Here's a few pics of some of the grouper we've caught on the last couple of trips. Caught one that was 27" and another that was 30" on Saturday. I'm getting the hang of this trolling thing and man, its a blast.

And for a plug for the boat: My buddy has a 2006, 19 ft Mako with 115 Suzuki. Well Saturday we were set to go fishing and he pulled up at 7am. (we usually take his ride since it's newer/bigger/"better"). We did a quick test before leaving and it wouldn't start. 30 mins later we hooked up the 17" Logic and we were fishing in no time. Trolled in 2-3 ft seas all day with 3 guys and had zero problems. This boat has been in some rough water lately and held up like a champ!

Me with a 27"
11-1GrouperFishing002.jpg

My buddy Richard with a 30". He drove all the way from Jacksonville to go fishing for the day because I promised it would be worth it.
11-11GrouperFishingwithRich006.jpg

My wife with a 27".
11-1GrouperFishing005.jpg

11-11GrouperFishingwithRich005.jpg

Nice fish! :D

Some nice fish. You get em trolling the shipping channel?
I may try the bay this weekend, was thinking of fishing the Port Manatee Reef area.
The weather looks to be good for the weekend.

Maybe I can up that way next weekend. Any hotel recommendations? (preferably one that takes pets)

Rhino,

Not too sure about pets, but there are a few nice hotels right on the water. The Port Hotel is my favorite. They have their own marina, a really good restaurant(The Ale House) and a Tikki bar. Give me a call if you need some more info 352-422-3149. The warm water discharge for the nuke plant is also a hot spot(excuse the pun) now with water temps dropping.

Brian

Back