Genelie

Recognized Leader and Retriver Guru
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Lakeside
State
Ca
Headed out @ 3:00am with what seemed to be the rest of the fleet.
doh.gif
no pics yet perhaps on monday.
Headed to the 371 looking for some albies, First hook up was around 7:30 am, on a black and purple jet. Blind strike, no one else wanted to play. later another blind strike, same jet, and no one else wanted to play. As we were trolling, as always looking for paddies, not much to see, a few tiny ones with no one home...then we finally see a paddie that would be holding something, that I HAVE NEVER SEEN IN PERSON in all of my 15 + years fishing these waters. I see on the sounder a mark about 1/8 in size hanging around 40 feet, so 2 of my crew quickly gets some dines out. BAM first bob hooks up, then BAMM Mark gets hooked up. So I am now in a tail spin to get our ROOKIE on some fish, when bob loose his, and mark yells out, Hey we need to moter down the fish..HUH??
confused.gif
For A Yellowtail I yelled back...Just as I said that I saw MY FIRST EVER STRIPED MARLIN jumpin WAY high out of the water..then Snap!!
frown.gif
farmer.gif
Oh well, But what a sight, I guess this bad boy had been jumpin over 7 times prior to me seeing it, as I was consentrating on the rookie...But It was great. Well it was back on the troll, to later hooking up our third albie on the same jet again..Funny we tried, lettting the fish hang, and throwing massive bait..but all three were just plain blind strikes. So now we are off heading to the 302 ..still trolling, I am a bit tired, so I go up front to catch some ZZZZZZZZ's, then I hear the other zzzzzzzzzz, and my crew yell out, Okay Gene it is your turn, so I scramble and grab the pole...just to hear my crew busting up, and I reel in a COORS LIGHT fish..... So I go back up...hour later in no mans land..ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ the crew yells out Gene we are not kidding it is for real....I was able to pull in the biggest fish of the day on a cedar plug, out weighing my digital scale, I would estimate the albie to be over 30 pounds. It is getting late....5:00pm or so, we are heading now to the north 9 within 3 miles, we get a knock down,.....a Hen dodo...on a mexican flag I think., later another knock down on the brown in color daisey chain, but came un button. THIS was a great day, with the fuel what it is , we made the most of it. Long day, up at 12:30, back at the house By 7:30, in bed by 9:30.

Back