Any Triumph/Logic owners that fish the Texas Gulf ?

saw ya post mate

G'day... I'm about to but a 210CC.... yes I'm from Australia & yes I've grown up around the water & yes I've seen bucket loads of horror stories surrounding F/Glass hulls & NO THERE"S NO WAY I'd EVER own an aluminium..opps sorry aluminum hulled boats........... So I was stoked (happy) when I cam across these boats (and this site) I live in Houma LA, swamp country, so mussel beds & crap are everyday prob's a are the inability to keep true GPS maps (thanks Katrina & Rita) I'm going 210CC with 150 & REALLY looking forward to it! I have ridden in the 'ever popular' bay boats & if you have had back surgery (answering yes here) or have ladies or kids on board, ONLY go outside the bayous on CALM days.......

But to yr question... I'll take ya & get 10-12lb flounder offthe bank on the righ tide but with a boat are u ready to really catch fish??!!! drop me a line

Cheers,
Stew

Sorry I hadnt been reading the forums for a while! I run a 210 out of Jamaica Beach (between galveston and freeport) for little over 7 years now. IMHO, the bays cant throw enough at this boat to cause it any issues when skippered by someone with soome exp. The gulf, well you do need to pick your days. If you head down this way again, drop me a line and I will share some spots with you.

Cheers
Jim

You Got That 210 Put Back Together Yet???/

So ther is life on the ethernet...LOL

Thanks for the reply...... Have you managed to master or solve the problems of the water entering the compartments? It's ******* me off having to drain and dry everything every time I go out. Not to mention it scared the crap out of me when I thought I was was pulling a dead 29" redfish out of a well of "ice" water only to find it was salt water and he was NOT dead!!! Do you have the original console switch panel? Mine is faded and I 'm having trouble finding which 1 is the livewell on switch.

Hey Ill, the boat is almost ready, I found the source of the water is it is the starboard side of the stringer in the bilge. Everytime I get the bilged area dried out, we have gotten a biog rain so I ahve been able to glob the new "rule" in as of yet. The transom drains are in sealed and ready to go, interestly I only got water from the starboard side. I would bet big money on water from the port since I had some come out of one of the screw holes when I replaced the old speedo tube (which was on the port side). Anyways, just a little more rule and a quick trip to the mechanic for it 200 hour tune up and it will be ready for the new season! .

As for your question Aussie, I am assuming your talking about the problem of water entering through the transom and filling the fish boxes? If so, I am fortunate and have not had that problem with the 2004 hull, unless the drain gets plug in one of the boxes. I keep piece of weedeater line in the boat to fish out the drains if I do have an issue. Now on my 2000 210 hull I did have a serious issue with water breaching the transom and filling the fish boxes, I solved this issue by removing the scuppers (the ones between the transom and cockpit) and getting two rubber stoppers that fit the holes (Home depot had them). I would plug these holes and never had and issue with water coming in again. As for the panel question, it is the switch to the right of the bilge switch

Back