Anyone do 'Fancy Work' on their rigs?

Wow, that is an old thread. But, that is what this is for; the ability to go back and look up things that are new to you. Can't stand other sites that bash people for exhuming old threads. Not going to happen here.....

Here's a photo of the only "fancy work" I know how to do. It's the grab handle along the aft down tube of the t-top. Much better than grabbing a cold metal tube (it'scold where I boat).

Looking back at the very first post on this thread; wow that's a fancy steering wheel. I wonder what it looks like today. As you can see from my grab handles, it gets dirty quick.

Attachments

• down tube fancy work.jpg
    down tube fancy work.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Well........ I don't want to brag, but,.......... I pressure wash my Cool Bay every 4 or 5 years whether it needs it or not........

Here's a photo of the only "fancy work" I know how to do. It's the grab handle along the aft down tube of the t-top. Much better than grabbing a cold metal tube (it'scold where I boat).

Brother Martin, I would try hitting / soaking that with the same Starbrite Mildew cleaner and let-it-set for about 10 min... Then with a soft brush and safety glasses on, gently rub it and rinse it with water afterwards. I would be interested in seeing if is dirt or crud growing on it? You might be quite pleased how it turns out if the latter :)

Wow, that is an old thread. But, that is what this is for; the ability to go back and look up things that are new to you. Can't stand other sites that bash people for exhuming old threads. Not going to happen here.....

Looking back at the very first post on this thread; wow that's a fancy steering wheel. I wonder what it looks like today. As you can see from my grab handles, it gets dirty quick.
I sold that boat back in 97. If you read on in the thread, I sealed all of the work in marine epoxy and painted it with a high gloss enamel (interlux?). I can almost guarantee it looks the same now as it did 13 years ago, unless the boat is toast.

I wish I could do it on my 215 but I just dont have the time I did back then.

Last edited:
Here is the process from You Tube University if you were not (like myself) a Deck Ape in the Military LOL :p

Would love to see some before and after shots for those here who have wrapped your steering wheels here recently. Would like to know how this system worked for you?

Enjoy!
Dave

Good vod. I like the color he chose. That's something I might do this fall. Should be able to knock that out in 20 min. Not as hardcore as I went but does the job. :)

No, I did not read the whole thing and did not see that you put any kind of coating over it. Mine is just nylon three strand, and every once in a while I hit it with the power washer from a few feet away. Cleans right up.

Back