Battery Jumper?

Shallowminded

Participating Member
City
Savannah
Does anyone tote around one of those portable, rechargeable battery jumpers? I have seen a couple of models with a 12 volt receptacle and a light. Seems like a handy thing to have on the boat but I have no experience with them. Any thoughts?

I picked one up 4 or 5 years ago and it had a 12v and 120 outlet.. The 120 volt outlet comes in real handy when camping or when you dont want to bring out a extention cord.

HTR

Battery Jumpstarter

I always have one on board with me, just in case. It has helped a couple times, but I would recommend getting one with a high cranking amp (500 or higher).

Happy to never had to use mine on the water, but buddy boaters have been glad I had it. Sure makes jumpin a buddies boat easy. No cables across the water...SAFE

And I thought I was bad with 3 replaced annually....5 on a 190....WOW...any room for fish?

I do not have a spare battery so this would become my spare. Since I had to start my engine manually with a rip cord last weekend, this certainly seems like a better alternative. (Still working out the kinks on my new(used) purchase).

Thanks for the ideas - I am glad I joined the group!

Back