Bent trailer frame

BigBird

Participating Member
City
CHARLOTTE
I have a 2002 190 Bay that i bought last Mar. I was a little suprised to find a large bow in my starboard side trailer frame at the axle a couple of weeks ago. I will post up a picture asap.
I thought the galv trailer would have lasted longer than that. I use a transom saver and have looked at previous threads about that. Is the transom saver bending my trailer???
The trailer wasnt like that when I bought it and i havent done anything substantial enough to bend a frame. I dropped off of a curb once that busted out my tail light but not hard enough to bend a trailer. I keep my staps tight but could have got loosened up somewhere along the line but not to the level to bend the frame that much.
I am having a friend cut it out and weld it for me.
Randy since I bought a used boat can you help me get an official response?
It doesnt look like ez loader is as durable as the triumph. First trailer out of the last 5 boats that ever bent.

My first course of action would be to contact EZ Loaders support folks. They have been very responsive the when I have contacted them. I would not have anyone cut or weld it till EZ Loader has a chance to respond.

EZ Loader Call Us:
(870) 481-5138
Monday-Friday
8:00am - 4:30pm (CST)

Contact Us - EZ Loader Custom Boat Trailers

BigBird.... After looking at your trailer, all I can think that happened was while the trailer was alone behind your truck in a parking-lot waiting for you to return with the boat ;) and friendly person ran over your trailer with there trailer or truck and was nice enough to not tell you :mad:..... The way it is bent that is the only thing that makes sense.... Good Luck

Back