Dave LeGear

Contributing Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
What's left of Pine Island
State
Florida
Great food and don't go unless you invite me to pitch in and help out :p I would not want you to have to hurt yourself, by having to carry out a Doggy Bag ;)

https://www.bluedogmatlacha.com/

Also attached the latest menu below so you can get real hungry before you visit!

Attachments

• Blue Dog Menu.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
The "Fish of the Moment" since they have different ones going in the back door all the time on our last visit, was Hog Snapper (Hogfish) yum...

For y'all that don't know what Hog's are, they are not really a Snapper, just we here in "The South" sometimes kiss off the science, and use a name of what it looks like! ;)

And they are usually speared and not caught, so finding them on a menu is really not a time to waste eating something else for sure!

So Miss Maria ordered some at my advisement ;) She loved it, and I tried to raid it like a Viking after getting a bite :p So again, I should have had the Hog (my mistake) :oops:

Simply Great Food though and if lucky, maybe you can score on some "Hog at the Dog" :cool:

Maria and I had dinner last night at "The Dog" and it was excellent! The fresh Mango Sangria was a great way to both cool off and relax some ;)

Mango drink.jpg

Comes in handy when you live on a Island that is full of Mango Farms (yummy) and really, this is something you would like to fill your bathtub up with, and then just jump in and roll around in it :)

And my Seafood Lasagna special was simply off the chain! With just the right amount of garlic ;)

IMG_0628.JPG

Oh and trust me, I am quite sure it had enough Carbs to knock down a Bull Elephant, but Brother was it good... :p

It is one of those kind of places like Kenny is talking about in this tune :cool:

Our thanks to both Mary our Server, and the Manager Margie for the great service and taking to the time to answer our questions on where they both source their seafood, and how they prepare all their great dishes!

So if nearby or traveling in SWFL, do yourself and your tummy a favor, and go visit "The Blue Dog" for Dinner and Drinks real soon and remember, to tell them that Dave from Performance Outdoors sent ya :D

Looks like a place to add to my list of places to visit when I get moved down there. I am looking to make list of little mom and pop places or water front type locations to get to know. Not lookin at chain restaurant bars. friendly littlte joints to chill and age at.

Few places can hold a candle to the Blue Dog!

And finally after months (way too many) of being closed :( a Note from John and the gang...

"Hi everyone,
The restaurant looks great, the beer is rolling in, our seafood purveyors are ready, we've updated safety precautions, the staff is ready to go.....but.....our final inspection is delayed until Tuesday. Sorry we have had to put off our opening and I will keep you updated on exactly what day we get to open.
We're really excited to get to doing what we do best again!!

We. Can't. Wait.

Thanks from John, Jesse and the entire Blue Dog crew!"

106038344_2743203465949170_4997115583079118614_o.jpg

106133213_2743203485949168_6297445257817885303_o.jpg

I am so ready... :p

Back