Boat Cover

albyway

Registered Member
City
Franklintown
Hello again, I have a 2004 170 Triumph and I'm having trouble with my boat cover. My boat cover always fills with water or snow. I can't seem to keep it tight enough. Last winter, I placed two pieces of plywood from the control panels to the front and the back. It just seems to me there should be some way or something easier than plywood. Any help will be thankful.

Sportsman's Warehouse, Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops all sell a device to prop up the low spots. As I remember, it's a sort of adjustable plastic tube with a mushroon shaped top, and, I assume, some kind of base for stability. I think they're pretty inexpensive ($10-$15.) They are called cover supports, or something like that. Haven't used one myself, but it looked like a pretty slick way to avoid puddles in the cover.

Ron

Thanks for the help RKOLA, I'm going to go online to Bass Pro Shops and check it out. There is one in my area, and there is a Cabela's about 1 hour away. Thanks again

Cover Supports

503220.jpg

I found this photo while looking for other stuff. Hope it helps.

Thanks for the info, I'm going this weekend to look at them. There is a Bass Pro Shop near us, and a Cabela's about an hour away. I'm hoping to find something that will work for the winter. I want to Thanks everyone for all the help, this place is amazing.:D

I made my own by tieing a long rope from the bow to the side cleats then up to the stainless grab rail by the windshield then down to the seat backs,then down to the stern cleats.

The open portion of the bow and stern were tied in an x pattern to reduce sagging and support the cover.

This system worked well but a commercial support most likely would take less time to set up.

Thanks Bob-Bra, I was looking at the boat last night wondering how I could make my own support system. :confused: I looked at the ones at Bass Pro Shop and there is nothing to them. A pole with a flat top with webbing coming off all four corners. Thanks for the idea, and if you don't mind, I might just use some of your ideas. Thanks again.:D

I made a home made boat cover by running a line 2 feet above the boat (stern to bow) pulled tight from an eye screw bolt in a tree and an A-frame built with pressure treated 2x4 reinforced at the ground with a 4 ft section of 4.x4. pressure treated. the polyester line is attached over the top of the A frame and down to a metal stake. I have a Tarp that goes over the top of the line and around the side of the boat. Additional lines from the sides and staked provide additional (added after high wind storm). The system keeps the boal out of the weather/vents well and I can get up inside to work when I want,. A-frame would work in stern if you don't have a tree. Good luck with getting yourself a workable cover.

I solved the 'puddle problem' on my 17 cc by setting a plastic lawn chair on the front deck and two five gallon buckets on the two rear seats. This before putting the cover on. Together these hold the cover up so puddles can't form during a rain. Over the winter, I set a pole from the metal rail above the windshield to the bow, and another to the motor. These kept the cover high and dry all winter -

Back