Boat Lift Cradle for 210 Chaos

Good-X-2

Registered Member
City
Punta Gorda
I recently had a boat lift installed and needed to modify the cradle to accomodate my boat. Click on each photo below for more info supplied in the photo details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job! You're very fortunate to be able to dock in your own back yard.
Roger

Nice job! You're very fortunate to be able to dock in your own back yard.
Roger

OH yeah must be nice:D I am sooo jealous,....oh and nice work.

Thanks guys.... I retired a few months ago and moved from Green Bay WI to Florida. I plan to live on fish... as soon as I finish laying 7000 lb of floor tile. Only one room left... YaHooo....

And if far enough south in Florida, I say you would not have to travel very far to get many, this for I bet some Snook would love to live back in that tidal creek under those docks :D

Good-X-2, where did you get the attachments for the boat lift for a triumph? Dealer or did it come with the lift. The company that put my lift in put reg. straight up center skids. About to call them and fix the problem but would like some info on a triumph lift to give them. thanks

Lift

CaptFred,

My lift also came with just 2 straight rails. I purchased the cross members and bunk hardware from E-Z-Loader trailer company. I fabricated the brackets from aluminum stock (mostly angle) and wood. I bought the aluminum stock and galvanized bolts online. The bunks are just 2x6 boards from Home Depot. The brackets I made for the 2 cross members attach to the original straight rails in such a way that did not require drilling any holes in the rails. I was afraid drilling holes might weaken the rails. I also fabricated the small straight support near the bow. I used my trailer for the specs. It was a lot of work. I took the straight rails off the lift and did all the work on my patio. Then we hauled the whole thing down to the lift and fastened it on.

Capt Fred
Ez Loader Makes The "triumph " Brand Trailers That Come With Our Boats. You Can Buy From Ez Any Component Part Thay Makes Up A Complete Trailer

boat lift for Chaos

I put my boat on a lift two years ago. I ordered from the trailer manufacturer all the parts for a trailer except the frame. I put the together parts together on land.then I put the assembled cradle in the water with several big fender attached to it to float it into position. I put the rear end of the cradle on top of the lift cross member and attached it to the wooden part of the lift with big lag bolts so that it could not slip to either side. Next, I attached the front of cradle on the wood with big lag bolts. This is the third summer with no problems except when a dummie (me) let the lift go all the way to the sandy bottom which caused the cable to jump the track. The solution to that problem was to get the big fenders to float the lift so that I could remove the bolt for the pulley and put the cable back in the correct position. Call me if you have a problem you want to discuss. Jack. 540-371-4941

Back