boat motor battery

D

dtkark

Hi, I purchased a 2002 170DC. The battery went dead. What should I buy to replace it? I have a 70ho Merc. Size? cranks? other?

dtark:

Also have a 2002 17 but CC. Have replaced the starting battery one time. Boat batteries, in my limited experience of 12 years of boat ownership, take a beating. My choice was a medium-high end starting battery not the deep cycle or dual purpose. Also went convential not sealed. I typically put 70-80 hours per year on this boat with three day trips during the March-October months. This means lots of time in garage storage. Maintenance is critical for longevity.

Depending on source, a $50.00 to $75.00 battery has provided 3-4 years of service. Cranking amps. Reserve capacity? You get what you pay for.

Optima Blue Top

I hail from the heat area of Arizona and use Optimas in all applications and the Blue Top will due you well. Zero Maintenance and will come back to life if not fully charged. These take a real beating with my use and have never let me down after five years in this boat a 190 Bay.

Back