Dave LeGear

Contributing Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
What's left of Pine Island
State
Florida
I swear by these puppies, and one of the few things that I "will" turn the boat back around and go back for, if I forget and leave them in the truck :eek:

http://buffusa.com/

Now I just ordered one of the Bonefish XL ones since it is one of the high UV versions ;)

http://buffusa.com/shop-buff/men/multifunctional-headwear-category/uv-xl-family.html

Matter of fact, I have some of those (so called) tough guys (yea, right) that laughed that I had them on... These were the same dudes that were "passed out" on my rear casting deck around 1430 from getting sun cooked, this while Dave here, was still casting away for hours longer and still getting fish :)

Now their excuse too me later on was... "Well Dave, you are use to being on the water" no baby duck, Semper Paratus... I prepare for the environment :p

22580434_904635419712361_6680814529347059712_n.jpg

Right on Dave. I always were long sleeve Columbia 30+ shirts now that they are paper thin/light and cool even when it's real hot out. A visor and sunglasses along with 30+ waterproof sunscreen on exposed body parts.

Remember, suncreen can stop sweating in the areas where it is applied and can cause sun stroke/overheating if applied continuously over the entire body (just ask my wife whom ended up in the ER). So use on "exposed" skin only so your body can still temp regulate and keep you cooler.

My father 71, has had to stay out of the sun for 2 years now (only gets to night fish now) since he is undergoing topical chemo which burns off the skin.....every day! If he gets into the sun, the heat causes extreme burning of the skin.....he will probably have to continue rotating areas of his body for treatment for the rest of his life.

I would also order some finger-less sun gloves too.

You will pay if you play.....unprotected from the sun, that is!

Got both of my new Buff toy last week and "field tested" it over the weekend...

The new Snook neck Buff "appears" larger and as such, when used with my normal Columbia PFG button shirt, did not allow the back of my neck to get burned this time even though I was out for many hours thumping Redfish Saturday.

So I give a solid 2 thumbs up to the new Buff products that give excellent Thermonuclear protection :cool:

Hey you guys, thanks for the laugh about the tube top. you know Dave I'm an old set in my ways guy, but I must say you come up with some really good and usable ideas. thanks jeb

Updated the links, and found other good example pictures ;) And the hood shirt of which I have a few may appear hot, but are not really since the Sun is not beating down on the back of your neck. They also do a fine job in keeping the Sand Flies at bay when combined with good bug juice :cool:

25022564_521867094849102_6804493146337050624_n.jpg

26219214_1769538173064503_6974687679480515315_n.jpg

They now have more of a saddle cut version (copied from Gilz Mask I say) that should fit even better and has some vent holes...

115133.707_uvxm_pelagic-camo-blue_721560192700-9732.jpg

That should really help prevent the old style that rolled up on your neck at times, causing what we all know as "Buff Burn" for those days when you did not wear a button up shirt to help hold it down... You can find out more about them here:

https://www.buffusa.com/buff-products/masks/uvx-mask/camo-blue/115133.707

And they have more colors than blue, but I do like that Fishoflage color scheme for sure! Looking forward to trying one out :cool:

Tight Lines!
Dave

Back