Bunk Glide Ons

Triumphed

Registered Member
City
Montauk
Tie Down makes a Glide On part #86172 that will fit a 2x 6 bunk. I would like to know if the Triumph factory will give it's blessing to this product to be used on my 235. My ramp is quite shallow and I know I will need all the help I can get. Looking forward to an answer from the factory. Thanking you in advance. Any other input from other sources will be greatly appreciated.

You mean these? http://www.tiedown.com/aglideons.html I do not see why not, but I watched a boat FALL off a trailer at the ramp since it was not tied down still as it was getting backed down the ramp :eek:

I recommend you just drop the trailer into the water a little further, and then use the outboard to pull her off the trailer... Shocks me how many people try and fight with loading and unloading a boat yet have a engine just setting there propped up and turned off? Drive it off and on the trailer and learn how to use the speed knob on the helm wheel :D just remember to go slow :cool:

I also highly recommend though (if not already mounted) you get some of the taller PVC pipe covered guide ons so that unloading and more important "loading" the boat back on in a high cross winds is much easier ;)

Thanks for your input Putershark. Yes they are the ones I was thinking about getting. All your suggestions are right on as usual. I've seen many a deep "V" boat having trouble getting off their trailer at my launching ramp. I hope I can save myself the hassle of having to climb into the boat by having to carry around a 6' ladder to get in and out of it. I'm hoping the plastic bunks will give me the edge I will need. My concern would be the factory not wanting me to use them as the ropelene is a little softer than fiberglass and they may want me to stick with the carpeted bunks. Just a thought.
Thanks again for your time and effort regarding this website.

The official word from the factory is that it is no problem to use the bunk glide ons. :)

Thanks Randy! That's great news. I'm quite sure I will be doing just that in the future. Will probably go with the carpet first so I can try an evaluate the difference. Thanks again!

I also highly recommend though (if not already mounted) you get some of the taller PVC pipe covered guide ons so that unloading and more important "loading" the boat back on in a high cross winds is much easier ;)

I Love to watch people trying to load up during a windy day..I personally do not need the guides, I have become a good wind adjustment dude:D. But for those who are new, I do highly suggest to use them.

Hey Triumphed, Did you (or anyone else for that matter) try the Glideons? My new used trailer has carpet on two of the bunks and glideons on the other two. It comes off the trailer very hard, even on a nice steep ramp. I have to back the rear wheels of my Sequoia into the water to get it off, even with heavy throttle. Turns out the carpets are trashed.

So, I just want to learn a little more about this before I move forward.

Thanks in advance...

Hi Manomet,

I installed them on my trailer before I even tried the carpeted bunks. I have a very shallow ramp and I can get my 235 on and off. Need to back up and slam on the brakes twice to get her off. I've been using an electric winch to get her back on but I think I'm going to start powering her on when the conditions are favorable(no strong cross wind). I ran across a pull test between the plastic bunks and the carpets and the gentleman ascertained a difference of about 35% less pull needed with the plastic. That convinced me. I think they are well worth the money and I think you would be happy with the Tie Down Glide-Ons if you purchased them. I hope this helps.

Back