Chasing Small Bluefins

Fishahn

Contributing Member
City
Stowe
was down around Cape Ann, MA area on Friday and Saturday Sept 2 & 3 to look for SBFT, got there on Friday afternoon otw around 3 pm, apparently the tunas were up all morning but had disappeared by the time we got there, pounded the blues (most around 8 lbs) for hours, it was good fun. then chased the tunas on Sat morning, many pods surfacing, but unfortunately no hook ups, had a few tight momentarily but couldnt keep them on. Oh well, will give it anohter try at least once (since my boat is down there on trailer at a marina) more in September.

We're hoping that the Albies show up soon. The fishing really has been good this summer. The bunker are think in the western Sound and the bass that migrated here stayed all summer.

Great to see that you guys are getting out. Look forward to seeing a report from you later in the month.

Fishahn: the bluefins are still around in numbers. If only the weather gods could give us a break on weekends. Can't take that North wind anymore. Do you still have your boat on the North shore?

Cincinnati: How's the albie fishing by you? I will be in Montauk with the 210c for 4 days starting Oct. 1st. Albies on the fly. Just can't wait.

The albies are still east of us and should be here in a week or so + bonito. The striper fishing has been fantastic and should only get much better through early November. I've been getting keeper fish every weekend despite the heat. In fact, I've not been running around chasing bait boils since my striper spots have been so hot. The season better end soon before my wife ends it for me. I've been out every weekend all summer.

Back