Decent boat cover?????

bigloudvtwin

Registered Member
State
Washington
I have a 215 cc with full bow rails and a t top. Found a couple mdel specific covers on ebay but, they don't really show or say if they'll work with the railing. I live in the country in the pacific NW and really don't wanna shovel the fir needles out in the spring when it's time for fishing/crabbing.
Anyone have experience with this trivial drama? LoL

We have a Taylor Made cover for our 2008 215CC. It’s 10 years old, trailerable and has stood up well to the elements. Not being a custom cover it’s slightly big at the bow rail, so I use 2 plastic clips on each side in that area to take up the slight excess. I also made 3 small PVC “T” supports to help channel water off. Once I put the cover on for the winter it usually takes only one adjustment to keep the water running off. I think it works well.

BOAT COVER WHAT BOAT COVER? that's why I bought this boat to begin with; We don't need no stinking cover!

For some reason my boat never really gets too dirty maybe because it rains everyday then the sun dries it ( Miami FL.) or no trees near it but usually just a quick hose down on the worst day and she's good to go. I have a custom made cover that came with the boat .. Never used it

Last edited:
Well, I always had to deal with covering my boat to handle the heavy snow up here in Northern Wisconsin. If the snow is not a issue for you, there are many videos on how to make a sub frame for your cover. But in my case, I wanted something that I could use year after year, and it had to be tall enough for the snow to side off the sides. I found a kit that was just what I wanted, but the cost was beyond my budget. So I made my own frame, out of PVC pipe and covered everything with 2 covers. First, I put on my boat cover, which just touches the gunnell, then a big tarp. I made something similar to the NAVIGLOO BOAT SHELTER. Go to Navigloosales.com, if this is something that you'd like to look at. Amazon and I-Boats.com also handles them.

Empire boat covers, there generic, based on average boat type. My is a 210 with t top a d radar, I got the 22-24 foot cover fits great. I just fold in the sides roll up, then toss over t top un fold, and reverse method to uncover.

Attachments

• 20200425_091712.jpg
    20200425_091712.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 7
Back