dive flags

ReelDive

Participating Member
City
Chipley
What is it with bottom fishermen and dive flags. It seems that they think they're some kind of fish attractor. Oh well no problem--- I have a dive knife!!

I'm sure there is a story behind this post...what happened?:confused:

I would bet some dummie did not know you must keep a certain distance from a dive flag

I've heard that persons on PWC like to see how close they can turn around them like in a obstacle course. I also heard that a spear gun will shoot right through the hull of a PWC.:D
That's what I heard...not experienced personally.

I've heard that persons on PWC like to see how close they can turn around them like in a obstacle course. I also heard that a spear gun will shoot right through the hull of a PWC.:D
That's what I heard...not experienced personally.

Bang stick would work great too.:eek:

ooooooooopppppsssss.........

OH - that flag doesn't mean "many big fish here"???
My bad.......
Would be a heck of a fight though.
But what about the diver who decides lets dive and right next to these people fishing on the county reef - drags their friends fishing line from their boat right over to your boat and dangles the bait in front of the fishes mouth while the idiot in the boat is waving and smiling at you????
I am also a diver but etiquette in both directions would be nice...

OH - that flag doesn't mean "many big fish here"???
My bad.......
Would be a heck of a fight though.
But what about the diver who decides lets dive and right next to these people fishing on the county reef - drags their friends fishing line from their boat right over to your boat and dangles the bait in front of the fishes mouth while the idiot in the boat is waving and smiling at you????
I am also a diver but etiquette in both directions would be nice...

Now ther's a war story that needs to be told!!

All kidding aside, for the most part we co-exist on the same wrecks.. If there is another boat on the wreck I either move on or ask if they mind.

I think some of the wrecks that were put down as dive sites, should be off limits to bottom fishing as well as spearfishing. There are a lot of divers that just want to look around or take pictures without dogging fishing line and looking over thier shoulders for steel slingers(many who are equiped with power heads for shark protection). Here in the panhandle I'd like to see the Black Bart and maybe the Jeff A. become no take zones.

By the way a diver wouldn't be much of a fight (remember the dive knife) usually a lot of break off's-- unless you were still there when he surfaced,--- and if you did land one they are very hard to clean and filet, thier skin makes everythig tast like neoprene and don't forget that diver funk really stinks up a boat too.

Back