e-etc is skipping

glehav

Contributing Member
City
Elmore
help me out guys the last two times i have took my boat out allways at 4000 rpm my motor will skip or miss and runs ruff and drop rpm than the rpm will go back up again like i have bad gas i have been putting gas treament in it and just changed the gas filter in july. it will not do it at higher rpm say 5000 just a 4000 and not at lower rpm say 3000 and not all the time. i like to run at 4000rpm maybe thats why i have notice it more. i was thinking maybe i have a bad sensor some were. any ideas guys i have e- etc 150 100 hrs. on it thanks:(

glehav,
Check your plugs. Try cleaning them if they look fouled. I think I read some where that they get fouled easy after break in period when the oil is reduced to 50 to 1 or something like that. Just one place to start. Good luck.
John D.

Whatever it may be, I would take it to the dealer so they can pull a data dump from the ECU and inspect the engine. Could be as simple as a plug or could be a injector miss. In either case I would think it is a warranty concern ;)

To inject or not to inject, that is the question...

Hi GL,

Fuel injected motors require higher fuel pressure (30 or more psi) than a carburated motor (few psi). The amount of fuel delivered to each cylinder is dependent on the time the fuel injector is opened. In automobiles, there is a device that keeps the fuel pressure constant. There may be one in the E-tec (just a guess) and it may be failing. Of course, with anything as complicated as the E-tec (fuel injection, computers, temp. sensors, pressure sensors, etc.) anything could cause a problem.

If it is still under warranty, let the dealer handle the problem. You can sit back and relax. :)

thanks barry that is good info looks like i will have to take it to the dealer when i get a chance and have them put it on the computer to see whats up. hope its nothing bad ..... thanks again

Back