e-tec oil

cichlid

Registered Member
City
Madison
Hello,

While watching another forum I came across a thread about the xd-50 and xd-100 oil for the e-tec. It stated that Evinrude was now recommending to use the xd-100 oil at the xd-50 setting. Apparently Evinrude feels that the xd-100 is running too lean. xd-100 oil is twice as expensive as the 50. Wasn't much of a problem as it only burned half as much. If this is true, I would be burning twice as much oil and paying twice as much for it. Its not so much the cost that concerns me, its minimal. What does concern me is that I would like to know exactly at what setting and what kind of oil I should be running in my engine, to keep it running properly.

I called my dealer and apparently he has not been informed of this as of yet. Just curious if anybody here has heard anything about this.

If the oil setting is too lean with the 100 setting then why couldn't I just use the xd-50 oil at the xd-50 setting?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

I am a evinrude dealer, that is an untrue made up problem, im willing to bet its a angry four stroke owner trying to make problems for a Etec owner

We called the Bombardier Tec guys and asked if this was true. After they stopped laughing they said that it was not true and that some 4 stroke dealer probably made this up.
They said that some high performance racing engines are set up to run at the higher amounts, but they cannot be adjusted.

Dick

:rolleyes:I'm surprised the term "triumph " wasn't included in the post somewhere considering the forum it was posted on LOL

I think the computer tells the engine how much oil to use. When my 150 was new it guzzed down a gallon of xd100 right away. After that everything seemed pretty normal. The xd100 is nice stuff hardly any smoke at all, I do alot of trolling. It's definatley worth the money.

M I M

Back