EZ-Loader Trailer Springs for 215CC?

Swamp_Bear

Contributing Member
City
Wilson
I searched, but didn't find any info on what replacement springs fit on the EZ-Loader tandom trailer for the 215CC (2006). Anybody know what the proper idendification of them is, along with the best place to order them? They're three ply, two loop style, and they seem to be approximately 26" but my local marina in town says the maximum length for two bolt springs in his book is 25 1/4". Thanks

Thanks! When I tried to look up EZ Loader, I ended up with the other company half that makes welded trailers out of completely different parts.

The springs are cheaper than I was expecting. That's a nice change of pace. :)

Well, that's an interesting invention.... I'm wagering that it doesn't come cheap. If the springs were the only vulnerable item, I'd probably consider it. But there's till the brakes and tail lights I'll have to keep up on. For the latter, I'm looking into enclosed LED replacement lights.

This time around, my springs are going to last a lot longer with applications of salt-away every time I dunk it in the sound.

Be careful of what is meant by "enclosed" (submersible) LED lights. I went through 2 sets of tail last summer since the lights leaked. I now put a bead of silicon around all my lights before installing and they haven't leaked since. Anywhere you think there is a seam: silicon it!

I love the LED lights. I have not have had any problems with leaking. I think mine are made by Optronics. I bought them at gandermountian.

HTR

Update: I never liked how the trailer axles sagged readily when on uneven terrain. It seemed unlikely that after only a few years of rust they would loose that much spring, but when backing down a crumby ramp with a dropoff, the tires would ride up so high they would rub the insides of the fenders.

So for my spring replacement, I went with the heavier springs. Yeah, it's a harder ride for the boat, but now I can jack up the front when I'm storing it, and that rear axle doesn't sag down. The wheels don't rub fenders on uneven surfaces, and I don't wince when I cross those train tracks in Little Washington.

Carl at Merritt Marine found the brake leak that nobody else has been able to fix. He asked if it had always leaked, and when I said yes, he bet me it was a loose fitting that was never properly tightened. From a dolly under the trailer, he called out he'd located it, and with a few twists, I was good to go. That's after my local marina came up empty handed.

I trailered to Smith Mountain Lake for the weekend of the 4th, and I'm happy to say all 200 miles was care free, and leak free - both ways! About time!

Back