f150 flush cuffs

MZBHAVN

Participating Member
City
Wake Forest
Has anyone found a good set of flush cuffs for the F150 engine. The rectangular ones I bought allow too much water loss. I cant run it over idle as the water alarm goes off. Just buzzer and my F150 needs the yamaha warning light modification service bulletin added.

Make sure that you have them long ways up and down.... I have the same cuffs and if they are long ways parallel to the ground there is to much water loss. Running up and down she will pull water.

Toolman,
You will get a better water flow if you use the dual flow muffs.The one where water comes through both sides.There is a small hole on the right side of the motor that picks up water when the boat is running in the water.The flush cuffs will not quite cover that hole.I take a piece of electrical tape and cover that small hole while I'm running on the flush cuffs. It will not pull water as high up in the motor without that small hole covered.I do not run my motor above idle when I'm using the flush cuffs.Don't forget to remove the tape as soon as you're finished with the flushing.
John D.

John, Thanks I will look for the dual cuffs. Several years ago I saw inside the water chambers of a Yamaha 70. Its was my Father inLaws and after every use he flushed his engine for 20 min or so at idle. The corrosion from salt water just ate it up. He was told by the mechanic that it really needs to come up off idle to about 15-2k rpm. When he finally had to repower they suggested this instead of using the flush hose yamaha has for flushing and not running. Who knows what is best, since once corrosion takes hold there is little that can be done to stop it.

Thanks for the advise

Scott

Scott,
I use "Salt Away" with its dispenser when I flush my motor with the Yamaha supplied flush hose thats on the motor.I flush it for the recommended 15-20 minutes and then for the last 30 seconds I let the Salt Away dispenser flush the motor.Then I put the hose nozzel on the end of the dispenser and rinse my trailer and rod and reels with salt away.
John D.

The best way to get a real good flush is to put the boat in a local lake on the way home from the coast and run that puppy around for 30 minutes ;)........ Then when you get home flush like always and you should be good to go :cool:

Back