Finally took the plunge

paulsonwj

Registered Member
City
Jacksonville
Well after weeks of considering the 190 Bay, and the 191 Fish and Ski, I finally made the decision, and took delivery of my 2007 195 Dual Console with a Yamaha 150 f/s. It's funny I wasnt even considering it until the dealership here in Jacksonville showed me this boat which was sold to me as a demo with 7 hours on the motor. Once the dealership out it in the water and we took it for a spin, I was sold. I don't usually like to talk about how much I spend on things, but I am looking for some validation here. I got the boat for $24,000 before taxes and registration fees. Someone please tell me I got a good deal, it doesn't even have to be a good deal, I would settle for fair deal. I actually dont take delivery until tomorrow after they clean her up some, fix the latch on the transom door and set the trim indicator correctly. I am so looking forward to taking her out on my own. This is my first boat so I am stoked. Now I just need to give her a name. I would like to thank everyone on this website. I read a lot of posts to see the ups and downs of triumphs, and it really helped me make an informed decision.

Jesse

Congratulations. You'll love it! The list price on a new 2008, no options, is $33,000. It seems you got a new boat for about 1/4 off. Not bad at all! Enjoy.
BobW

Congratulations. Glad all your research is paying off for you. As you learn, please share with others. In our opinion, if we ever say we are to old to learn, then we should be planted.

Have fun with your new ride and keep safe.

I seen that model last night on Boat Test.com and man what a fishing machine it can be. I really like the way the back folds out to a fishing platform with 2 seat holes...... You got a great Deal on a Boat that will last a life time. Most would be paying +++$$ for that Boat. I really think that Boat Sales are like Truck sales right now. Dealers are trying anything to sell boats. I just picked up my 190 Bay LOADED out for 25,000.... Dealer was asking $27,800 for it and it is a 07 Demo. I got a 100% better boat for the same price that I was getting ready to buy a new 08 with pratically nothing on it. I would have had 30k + in the boat after installing all that is on it with out the 150 Yamaha 4-Stroke...... By the way, you will love that Engine..... Congratulations and Be Safe, Have Fun, Catch Fish ;)! JB

Congrats on the new boat.

If you question the cost too much, you will not enjoy the boat. Sound like a great deal to me.

A boat name is important, think it over carefully, choose wisely.

Congrats on the new boat. When making a deal, there are really only two things that are important:

1) Is the dealer happy with the deal.
2) Are you happy with the deal.

Everything else is just talk.

Enjoy the ride and welcome aboard.

Tight lines.

Welcome Aboard Jesse!

Jesse,
Congrats on your new boat. This one sounds like it will be perfect for the family use that you had said you were more interested in. Plenty of room for your wife, kids and any of their friends.

Jim

Welcome

Congrats and welcome, My opinion is you got a good deal. Others are also right in stating that basically as long as your happy, it rocks.

Well thank you all for the responses. Took it out yesterday, had a great time, need to swap out the fish finder for a decent chart plotter, and a regular chart of New River, it gets a little shallow. And the channel markers are a bit spaced out

Back