Fuel Filter in 170CC?

Mobyduck

Registered Member
I'm planning on adding a water seperating fuel filter on my 170CC with a 70 HP Yahama. Seeking advice on where this could be located. The hose comes out of the rear battery port on the starboard side. There is plenty of hose here and appears to be 1/4" ID. This is the same hose that has the priming bulb in it. Appreciate any comments on where others have installed their filters. Thanks -

Mobyduck said:
I'm planning on adding a water seperating fuel filter on my 170CC with a 70 HP Yahama. Seeking advice on where this could be located. The hose comes out of the rear battery port on the starboard side. There is plenty of hose here and appears to be 1/4" ID. This is the same hose that has the priming bulb in it. Appreciate any comments on where others have installed their filters. Thanks -

I just put one on mine...located it in the compartment under the port side rear seat against the transom. The hose is 3/8" ID, not 1/4"...I thought the same thing until I cut it. (Had to go get new connectors for the filter) I disconnected mine at the priming bulb, and pulled the line back under the splash well and into the port side compartment. There I connected the line to the filter and ran a 5' piece of fuel line from the filter back to the original location and reconnected to the primer bulb. Everything is working great so far. I hope this helps.

admin.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your help, gentlemen. The description and picture helped a lot. Just one more question: I see the heavy 3/8" ID hose on the port side, however the line that comes out the starboard side and attaches to the priming bulb seems much smaller and more flexible. Does this line change sizes under the splashwell? Thanks again for your help-

Mobyduck
There is a straight barbed connector that joins the two hoses. It is secured with a hose clamp on each side.
Davekfl ( Sarasota, Florida)

Mobyduck said:
Thank you for your help, gentlemen. The description and picture helped a lot. Just one more question: I see the heavy 3/8" ID hose on the port side, however the line that comes out the starboard side and attaches to the priming bulb seems much smaller and more flexible. Does this line change sizes under the splashwell? Thanks again for your help-

The hose with the priming bulb is 3/8" also.

Back