YAMAHA 150 HP 4-STRK FIXED..FUEL LINE was to LONG

boostjunkie1

Contributing Member
City
Lexington
:D......... After putting a new fuel water filter on the boat (190 Bay) I started getting air in the fuel line / had a issue with air in the fuel line. After not being able to find where the air was coming from I took the boat to Davis Fritts Outdoors and had there Certified Yamaha Technician look at it. The Factory Fuel line was run from the tank to the Fuel Water Seperator. From there it was drapped down to the floor of the bilge through the access hole and up to the priming bubble, then to the engine. The fuel line was close to 3 feet in length and since it was laying on the floor of the bilge it was below the actual height of the tank. Now this was the way it came from the Dealer/Factory so I changed nothing besides the filter. The Technician removed the excess fuel line and drilled a hole through the partition directally into the batter compartment where the fuel bubble is. This took 2 1/2 to 3' of fuel line out and kept the line above the fuel tank level. IT FIXED MY ISSUE :D........ My only gripe is that I had to fork out $$$$ to have this issue resolved as it was after a year of ownership and that was not covered under the Warranty :confused:......... TRIUMPH should take this as a Factory defect/issue and warranty this work???

Randy, Could you please contact Triumph and see what they think about this?

** The boat runs great now and I can hit the Key again with fast start-up and now have the feeling of realiability again :)

** Check you fuel lines and make sure that once they leave the tank they stay above the level of the tank. This will make sure that all of the air gets out of your fuel lines after changing your Fuel Water Filters :cool:

Boost...

Hey,
It looks like we both got our fuel issues corrected, I sure went thru fits to get mine back up and running again as you also had a time with yours.
Sure glad your back out on the water again.........

KINGFISHER10...Thanks, and glad to see that you are up and running with no issues also. I should have known to make sure that the fuel line stayed above the fuel cell but that never crossed my mind until the Tec stated it. Boost

Back