AstroDiver

Contributing Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Menlo
State
GA
OK. as suggested, I cut my fuel line between the tank and the bulb.
Somehow I managed to hook the lines up wrong to a fuel/water seporator
that I had installed on my boat. I have one that has the clear bowl with a drain on the bottom
of the filter.
I went to Lake Oconee and got about 100 yards from the dock before the boat died.
We got towed to my sister's dock where we just put the line back together so I would have a boat
to enjoy for the weekend.

I think I had the line from the tank going to the inlet and the bulb line going to the engine.
After the boat died we couldn't get any pressure when squeezing the bulb. After reconnecting the fuel line back, plenty of firm bulb.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.

John

Astrodiver,
Did you fill the filter with fuel before you screwed it on?It will not fill with the primer bulb. If you did that it sounds like you had it hooked up right. The one I used had and arrow for the inlet line and one for the outlet.Good luck.
John D.

Astrodiver,
Did you fill the filter with fuel before you screwed it on?It will not fill with the primer bulb. If you did that it sounds like you had it hooked up right. The one I used had and arrow for the inlet line and one for the outlet.Good luck.
John D.

Same here. Hook up according to the arrows on the filter head and prefill the clear bowl and filter with fuel. Let us know how you made out.

Back